6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2014 6:14 PM by Mr. Mayor

Upgrade question for 5.6

Mr. Mayor Level 1

I currently have 4.4 and have downloaded what I thought was version 5.0 but 5.6. I have not installed it because I thought I heard or read that the DEVELOP module has been disabled. Is this true? If so, this is no upgrade, just a ploy to force me to subscribe to the cloud app.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Upgrade question for 5.6
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

That is been a problem for those who are using Lightroom through the CC program. If you're using Lightroom as a standalone that shouldn't be a problem. But I assume you are aware that you can install Lightroom 5.6 and run it as a trial version. You will have to purchase the upgrade in order to have access to the program after the 30 day trial.

• 2. Re: Upgrade question for 5.6
            johnhawk666 Level 3

Your question is unclear; do you mean that you have bought Lr 5, or downloaded  a trial version of it?

EIther way, the Developer module has not been  disabled in any way, and any references to its non working have recently been due to trouble with downloading the correct version of Lr. So it's still possible to download and install a non-Cloud version, and you should do so if you have bought it, as the improvements over Lr 4 are well worth the learning curve.

• 3. Re: Upgrade question for 5.6
              Mr. Mayor Level 1

I already purchased it and the person at Adobe told me I would have the same functionality and more than 4.4. I have the standalone that I have upgraded since version 2.0.

Thank you.

• 4. Re: Upgrade question for 5.6
                JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Just go ahead and install Lightroom 5.6. You shouldn't have any problems. I didn't. Since you have been using Lightroom 4, when you start Lightroom 5 for the first time (after it has been installed) you will be prompted to upgrade your existing catalog. That should go smoothly, and when it's finished you should be able to continue working as you did previously but with the improved Lightroom 5.6.

• 5. Re: Upgrade question for 5.6
                  Geoff the kiwi Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You will have no problem with Lr5.6, just install it. If people are running a trial or the CC version and it expires then the Develop Module is disabled.

When you install Lr5.6 (I presume you have the upgrade purchase) you will be asked to enter your Lr4 serial number as well as the new serial number.

• 6. Re: Upgrade question for 5.6
                    Mr. Mayor Level 1

Thanks for all your replies, I appreciate it and you have put my fears to rest.