• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH6 trial and WinHelp to CHM

Apr 17, 2007 Apr 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I'd like to migrate from old WinHelp file to CHM...
Since now I used an old RH version and now I'm evaluating the new one (6), but I've got some trouble with the CHM I've created. First, I want to be sure that my troubles aren't caused by some trial version limitation...
So, the matter is that RH doesn't seem to process all my topics... as result I've got an incomplete index (if compared with the winhelp's old one), even if RH shows me all the keywords before generate the CHM file, and obviously the context help can find some arguments...

Thanks in advance
Gio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 17, 2007 Apr 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gio. The trial version does have a limited number of topics (25 from memory) that it can handle. It may be best to try testing a sub-set of your winhelp file in order to fully test RH6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 19, 2007 Apr 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks.. ok, I've tried using a smaller project made of about 20 topics and each one seems to be well processed.
However, there are still some things that doesn't look like they should... for example, popups links are not underlined in a different way from the other links, links are blue instead of green, and so on... but when I use the ActiveTest button while editing, everything looks like it should be. Why what I see from active test and what I get when I generate the project are so different (even if project options seems to be ok)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp