3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2014 12:15 PM by A.T. Romano

Premier Elements 12 soundtracks will not end.

Doogie66 Level 1

I am using premier elements 12, and I am trying to add a soundtrack to my video.

1- I made another saved version of this video before and the sound track ended like it should.

2- the 2nd copy with some corrections I made to the movie lost the ending of the sound track.

3- after trying to insert the new sound track, and clicking on the "Fit entire video" button, the ending of the score will not show up, it will just keep on.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Doug

• 1. Re: Premier Elements 12 soundtracks will not end.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Doug

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 running on?

From what you wrote you are using one of the Music Scores as your soundtrack source for the project.

I have tried numerous ways to replicate the issue that you presented. I am not sure what changes in the video that you could

have made to induce the Music Score from working as you found before. But, please read on. I may have a clue.

And, I am not clear on what the "...it will just keep on" is all about when you wrote

and clicking on the "Fit entire video" button, the ending of the score will not show up, it will just keep on.

If the Music Score does not make an exact fit with the video track content above it, just where does it end on the soundtrack.

If the video track content that you believe to be the Timeline content ends at x seconds, how many seconds after that does the soundtrack end?

What I think could be happening is the following....You have clips or fragments beyond the video clip that you think is your lone footage. And, at the command "Fit Entire Video", the Music Score is doing just that, extending to cover the video clip that you think you want and the leftovers beyond the end of what you think you want. Look for content wherever the soundtrack ends.

Please let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premier Elements 12 soundtracks will not end.
            Doogie66 Level 1

Thank you for the help. The solution was to shorten the video by a couple of seconds. I guess my movie was ending in the middle of the clip, thus not putting the ending of the score but just fading out.

Thanks for the help,

Doug

• 3. Re: Premier Elements 12 soundtracks will not end.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Doug

Thanks for the follow up. Glad you were able to sort out the details necessary to resolve your soundtrack issue. Good job.

I am not completely clear on what you originally reported

clicking on the "Fit entire video" button, the ending of the score will not show up, it will just keep on.

and your solution

The solution was to shorten the video by a couple of seconds.

But, we are glad the you are moving forward successfully in your project.

Please do not hesitate to ask about the above if you want to discuss it,  if your schedule permits.

Best wishes

ATR