Where do I download flascc?
- Get it here: https://creative.adobe.com/products/download/flash
Is it flash pro cc, or is it another program.
- All the same thing.
Do I need to compile it. If so can the initial build be made with cmake.
- No need to compile. You download and install Flash. Then you use a combination of timeline animation and code to create whatever it is you want. Then you "publish" (aka compile) the project into an SWF (for browsers) or as a program or app (for Windows, iOS, or Android)
Can flascc communicate between a c++ console application and a database.
- Flash can communicate with databases, but to talk to the c++ app, that's where you might want to start learning about ANEs (AIR Native Extensions)
Are there any examples on the web on how to do so.
If not can someone supply me with a simple hello world example or just a way to pick up
data output by the console which it picks up from the database when called for.
- Uh... Sorry. You're on your own for that one. :-(
If these things are not available.
Is there a way to accomplish the same communication between flash>console>db>console>flash
- Like I said, I think ANE's would be the way to go... But you've moved well outside my comfort zone on this topic.
if so please give some examples or link to a place that does.
please also take into consideration that I am still learning.
and need details on how these things work.
- I hope someone with more knowledge on that end of things is able to help you out more than I can.
thanx soo much for the help... I will look into ANEs Air
you were very helpful .