1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 20, 2014 3:42 AM by Migintosh

Where can I buy the most basic and cheapest version of CS3? I simply need to produce a two-page monthly newsletter comprising text and photos.

shotinthedark

Where can I buy the most basic and cheapest version of CS3? I simply need to produce a two-page monthly newsletter comprising text and photos. I have not used CS3 since I was editor and then training manager of the county paper in Kent, England. That was 5 years ago, when I retired.

• 1. Re: Where can I buy the most basic and cheapest version of CS3? I simply need to produce a two-page monthly newsletter comprising text and photos.
          Migintosh Level 4

Is there a particular reason you want CS3? Do you have an old computer that you think won't run a newer version, or is it just that you think it might come easier to you since you have used it before? It doesn't really matter—I'm just curious.

Anyway, the things to look out for when buying older versions are when the seller has used it as an upgrade path. If you try to register (which I'm pretty sure is necessary to run the software), you won't be allowed because it is already registered, probably with a newer version activated with that serial number. If the seller has a clean copy they are legally allowed to sell, you might want to look over this link: Transfer an Adobe product license.

You might be able to find a seller or reseller who has un-opened versions that they couldn't unload after CS4 came out, but more likely you will only find used copies. Just be careful you aren't buying pirated software. I'd try online retailers you trust first, then maybe just Google around. You could probably ask in the forum before you pull the trigger and see if anyone wants to weigh in on what you have found.