3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2014 7:41 AM by JimHess

what to buy

aldotremblay

want to buy a small tablet which will support lightroom-- a mini Ipad or new samsung galaxy s 8.4--cause of weight while travelling....

I have a Mac Pro laptop

• 1. Re: what to buy
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Lightroom is only available for desktop operating systems of PCs and Macs, not Android or iPad OSes.  Lightroom Mobile is available for iPad but you need a desktop and an internet connection to Adobe Cloud to synchronize photos to it.

• 2. Re: what to buy
            aldotremblay Level 1

i get what you mean,though I am wondering if the samsung is a better buy,cause i can download more images by changing (128gb) mini-sd cards,while i am gone for 2 months,,,,I read that there is an App mobile for Ipad,,not for Samsung??? why??? And if I buy the samsung then the problem of syncing with my Mac,,,,

am wondering about all this,cause i will be leaving in 30 days for a 2 month period of trekking and I really need to break down on weight....

this for your response

• 3. Re: what to buy
              JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The only operating system that is supported by Lightroom Mobile is the operating system for iPad, iPhone. Other manufacturers operate using the Android system, and Lightroom Mobile is not yet available for that operating system. There has been no announcement as to when it will be available. So if you purchase the Samsung tablet you will not have any support for Lightroom mobile.