7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2014 8:34 AM by FTL2063

I have no DVD drive on my computer.  Where are the downloads located?

ILoveMyBling

I received discs for Photoshop elements & premier elements 12 with my new camera but my computer doesn't have a DVD drive.  I assumed it would be no big deal to download them from the Internet...wrong.  .I have serial numbers to install Photoshop but I cannot find where the downloads are located.  I find plenty of "trial" downloads but I should not have to pay for a product I already have.  Can anyone help me out there in cyber-land?  Adobe has no information on the website and I am unable to locate a live person.  So, that is you!  Hey live person, can you help this little ol lady?  Thank you so much!!

• 1. Re: I have no DVD drive on my computer.  Where are the downloads located?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

ilovemybling

There should be no problems if you have a purchased serial number, one for Photoshop Elements 12 and one for Premiere Elements 12.

Tryout versions do not equal having to buy. Consider....

a. you can download from Adobe direct the Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements tryout files and then install your purchased

serial number in them during the installation.

b. you can download Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements tryout files from the following web site and then insert your purchased

serial number in them to make them your working copy.

Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 Direct Download Links, Premiere too | ProDesignTools

No double payments on any of the aboe.

Please let us know if you are OK with the information. If not, please let us know what further information you need.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: I have no DVD drive on my computer.  Where are the downloads located?
            ILoveMyBling Level 1

I give up.  I am just going to go buy and external DVD reader/writer.  I have spent the whole afternoon trying to figure out how to download these programs from the web.  UNCLE!  I do have the serial numbers for the complete versions and the discs.  My new computer is 8.1 windows and touchscreen.  Hopefully the computerI have will work.

I am a novice with Adobe Photoshop but am doing a lot of photography for our church.  I have been using Picasa 3 with good results, but I wanted Adobe for great results.  Oh well, out to Best Buy.

Thanks for your help.  Regi

Sent from Windows Mail

• 3. Re: I have no DVD drive on my computer.  Where are the downloads located?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

ILoveMyBling

Thanks for the update.

What was the problem...the length of time for the download or just getting any download at all?

If necessary, I will go step by step with you through the tryout download from Adobe. But, the purchase of a USB external DVD/CD burner for your computer is a good idea and investment.

If you do the shopping for this, check out how many connections are necessary for it to the computer....none, one, or two...check out the length of the USB cable.

Please let us know how we can help. But, your mentioned place of purchase has a squad who should be able to help your with the purchase.

Thanks. Please update us on your progress when your schedule permits.

ATR

• 4. Re: I have no DVD drive on my computer.  Where are the downloads located?
                ILoveMyBling Level 1

I am okay with a computer but not a geek that is for sure!

I downloaded the assistant and nothing happened.  I went to the site you so kindly suggested and started the download, and when I tried to apply it to the computer it said elements were missing.  I deleted the download and then started again.  Right now it is once again downloading the assistant. 

Arggggggh!

Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2014 5:46 PM

To: Regi Reyno

I have no DVD drive on my computer.  Where are the downloads located?

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion 

ILoveMyBling

Thanks for the update.

What was the problem...the length of time for the download or just getting any download at all?

If necessary, I will go step by step with you through the tryout download from Adobe. But, the purchase of a USB external DVD/CD burner for your computer is a good idea and investment.

If you do the shopping for this, check out how many connections are necessary for it to the computer....none, one, or two...check out the length of the USB cable.

Please let us know how we can help. But, your mentioned place of purchase has a squad who should be able to help your with the purchase.

Thanks. Please update us on your progress when your schedule permits.

ATR

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at https://forums.adobe.com/message/6659618#6659618

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

• 5. Re: I have no DVD drive on my computer.  Where are the downloads located?
                  ILoveMyBling Level 1

Just checked what downloads are installed and it indicates Adobe Assistant has been downloaded but Adobe Assistant is downloading and has 43 min more to complete.  Can this be the actual program that is downloading now?

I uninstalled the programs that said there was information missing.

Sent from Windows Mail

• 6. Re: I have no DVD drive on my computer.  Where are the downloads located?
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

ILoveMyBling

Sounds like progress.

But, remember, you need two files.

Try to setup so that you get an automatic processes when the files are downloaded.

One of the 2 files ends with the file extension.exe (that is the smaller file that gets installed first)

One ends with the file extension .7z and is the larger file, the program (can take hours to download depending on Internet Speed)

There is a set for 32 bit and one for 64 bit. So make sure you pick the set that agrees with your computer operating system.

Also, do this downloading and installing with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled. This is especially important for the .exe (Adobe Application Manager)

Looking forward to learning of your progress.

ATR

• 7. Re: I have no DVD drive on my computer.  Where are the downloads located?
                      FTL2063

I am just going to go buy and external DVD reader/writer.

That is the best course of action. This issue will come up over and over again with other software.   You can also use this drive to burn DVDs.