3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2014 3:21 PM by A.T. Romano

copy audio

teddypierce Level 1

Using PE 12 on Windows 7. How do I copy (not remove) a section of audio and then copy it to another clip. Thanks

• 1. Re: copy audio
          A.T. Romano Level 7

teddypierce

Is the audio currently linked to video or is it a just an audio file?

And, do you want to copy a whole audio clip or just a section of a whole audio clip?

ATR

• 2. Re: copy audio
            teddypierce Level 1

Thanks for your quick reply.  The audio is linked to video, and actually extends over several clips, but these could be processed separately. The overall video starts with several video clips that have no audio, so the idea is to use the copied audio as background at the beginning, but also keep it in its current location.

• 3. Re: copy audio
              A.T. Romano Level 7

teddypierce

If you think a screenshot of the Timeline tracks would clarify, please post one.

But, from what I am understanding....

I would make a copy of the clip with the audio wanted and paste it to the far right of the workspace out of the way of your intended project.

In that isolated spot, you could

a. unlink any video audio link

b. cut out the appropriate audio segment with the scissors tool

c. copy/paste into the audio track where you need the audio

Please review and then let us know if there are any shortcomings to that plan in your particular situation.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On....If necessary and if applicable, we could get into selectively exporting an audio sample from the Timeline (Publish+Share/Computer/Audio or other).