3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2014 9:13 PM by tloomos

Locate Serial Number

tloomos

I just had the most useless exchange with an Adobe support rep over a chat session and I can't find a phone number or email address to contact them through so I'm hoping someone in the community can help me.

I've inherited a project that uses InDesign server and I'm trying to determine what licensing we have and I want to get current on maintenance/support if necessary. However, I don't know who purchased it or when they purchased it so I'm trying to find the serial number within the installation somewhere so that I can use that to reach out to Adobe with to get things in order.

Can anyone tell me how to find the serial number for an Adobe InDesign Server installation?

Thanks!!

• 1. Re: Locate Serial Number
          TᴀW Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Well, this line returns the first 20 digits of your 24-digit serial number:

app.serialNumber

But the last 4 numbers (which I believe are some sort of a checksum) are

missing. Not sure how to get hold of those if you're not able to log on

to your Adobe account.

• 2. Re: Locate Serial Number
            Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

InDesign Server is a (VERY expensive) automation tool without a user interface. Are you sure that's what you are using? I don't know about ID server, but other registered Adobe products can be found in the user account of the Adobe ID that was used to register them, and serial numbers will be listed.

• 3. Re: Locate Serial Number
              tloomos Level 1

Yes, I'm certain this is what we're using. It's for the backend of a system and is used to generate pdf proofs and hi-res pdf compositions as part of a campaign managemeent system workflow.  Unfortunately whomever originally purchased the software did so on their Adobe account so I no longer have access to it.