1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 20, 2014 8:17 PM by Rick Gerard

Exporting from Final Cut Pro - Quality of AfterEffects Text Graphics

everydayy

I am once again struggling with Final Cut Pro exports in terms of the look and quality of AfterEffects graphics.

I have AfterEffects MOV files that look fine as is (both as Animation and as Apple Pro Res) and they look fine on the timeline in FCP 7.   When I export though from FCP (in multiple ways - H.246, AppleProRes, 1080/720, etc.), the graphics within the exported video are breaking up and look pixellated.   Any advice?   Thank you!!  - everydayy@yahoo.com

• 1. Re: Exporting from Final Cut Pro - Quality of AfterEffects Text Graphics
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

This is very hard to tell because, first, we don't know anything at all about your export settings, frame rate, frame size or even how you are judging the quality, and second, this is not a Final Cut Pro forum. There are a bunch of FCP users that use AE but if everything looks great coming out of AE as a rendered DI (digital intermediate) and your are using the DI in FCP then the problem is in Final Cut.

Maybe a better explanation of the process in FCP and some screenshots or examples of the rendered from FCP vs the rendered from AE would help us figure out what is going on.