17 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2014 11:56 AM by A.T. Romano

The installation wizard was interrupted while installing Adobe Premiere Elements 11.

marusot Level 1

install_Error message 03.jpginstall_Error message 02.jpginstall_Error message 01.jpg

I confronted with a problem during installation AdobePremiereElements11.

The installation is freezes after about 85% progress.

Computer was down.

So I have shut down the computer.

After reboot the computer I click setup.

And I entered Costomer information before installation and click next button.

But the InstallWizard saying "The installation wizard was interrupted while installing Adobe Premiere Elements 11. Your system has not been modified.

To complete installation at another time, please run setup again. Click to exit the wizard."

How can I install AdobePremiereElements11?

• 1. Re: The installation wizard was interrupted while installing Adobe Premiere Elements 11.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

marusot

On what computer operating system are you trying to install your Premiere Elements 11? For now, I will assume Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

You have made progress since your last thread where your serial number was not being recognized. Now it appears that it is

being recognized - good, but, now the Installation is not going to completion.

How are you trying to install Premiere Elements 11, from an installation disc or from installation files that you have downloaded from Adobe?

Besides giving the answers to the above questions, this is what I would like you to do...

a. Make sure that the program cannot be found listed in the installed programs...See Control Panel/Programs. It should not be there.

b. Before you try for another installation

• disable the antivirus and firewall(s) for the computer
          • go to Local Disk (C:)\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ and in the Adobe Folder change the name of the OOBE Folder from OOBE to OLDOOBE.
          • Close out of that area.

c. Start the installation.

We will be watching for your results. Based on your results, then we will decide what next if the problem is not solved.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: The installation wizard was interrupted while installing Adobe Premiere Elements 11.
            marusot Level 1

Hi Romano!

Answer to your question.

1. My computer operating system is Windows 8.1K, 64 bit.

2. I purchased my AdobePremierElements11 in July 2, 2013. I have serial number.

3. When I re-installing the  AdovePremiereElemments, It was removed automatically.

So there is no the program in the Control Panel/Programs. I checked back directly.

4. My computer was not infected with a virus.

5. In the Local Disk (C:)\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\

There is no folder name of the OOBE and OLDOOBE.

Suspicious circumstances.

I tried to install the AdobePremierElements11.

I entered my information( name, country, serial number)

and I started the installation.

But since about 85% proceeded the installation program stopped and computer can't seem to installation.

I had to reboot the computer.

and I have tried to install.

Strangely, my costomer information( name, country, serial number) came floating up in the 'IstallShield Wizard Pop-up Window', even though I do not enter my information.

When I click Next button to continue 'IstallShield Wizard Pop-up Window' say "IstallShield Wizard Completed and The installation wizard was interrupted while installing Adobe Premiere Elements 11. Your system has not been modified. To complete installation at another time, please run setup again. Click Finish to exit the wizard."

So I and finished.

As a result, I could not install the program.

That's all.

Please help me.

Thank you

• 3. Re: The installation wizard was interrupted while installing Adobe Premiere Elements 11.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

marusot

Thanks for the follow up information.

There is definitely a OOBE Folder in Windows 8.1 64 bit.

Please make sure that you are working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path cited.

You will be looking for the OOBE Folder, and, when you find it, you are going to change its name exactly from OOBE to OLDOOBE

Local Disk C

Program Files (x86)

Common Files

Adobe

and in the Adobe Folder is the OOBE Folder which you will rename to OLDOOBE.

Do you have the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled during this installation? If not, please do so.

Please remind me if you are installing the program from installation files (purchased online download) or from an installation disc.

Depending on the outcome of the above, we could consider:

1. If installation disc, copying the disc content to the computer and then using the setup.exe file in the Adobe Premiere Elements Folder for the install.

2. If installation files, we could get other installation files.

Please review, consider, and then we will decide what next.

Thanks.

ATR

Do you have any conflicting 3rd party codecs, plug-ins, or other programs that are likely candidates for a conflicting components list?

In Windows 8.1 64 bit...see File Explorer to get to Folder Options.

• 4. Re: The installation wizard was interrupted while installing Adobe Premiere Elements 11.
                marusot Level 1

Hi. Romano

Thank you for your help.

After receiving your message, I found three OOBE folders.

1. C:/user/AdobeOOBE/Jonghyoun Jeong/AppData/Local/OOBE

2. C:/Windows/System32/oobe

3. C:/Windows/SysWOW64/oobe

and

I purchased my AdobePremierElements11 by "online download".

Do I need to change the 3 folders name noted above?

thanks!

• 5. Re: The installation wizard was interrupted while installing Adobe Premiere Elements 11.
                  marusot Level 1

Hi. Romano

I renamed the 3 OOBE folders to OLDOOBE.

and I tried to install.

However, the results could not be changed.

Can I take any action?

• 6. Re: The installation wizard was interrupted while installing Adobe Premiere Elements 11.
                    marusot Level 1

What is the way that I can install the program?

• 7. Re: The installation wizard was interrupted while installing Adobe Premiere Elements 11.
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

marusot

Thanks for the follow up.

I was just dealing with the OOBE Folder in Program Files (x86)

Local Disk C

Program Files (x86)

Common Files

Adobe

and in the Adobe Folder is the OOBE Folder which you will rename to OLDOOBE.

If you are ready for an uninstall/reinstall with different files, let us try this approach....go to the following web site and follow (to the word) the instructions starting with Note: Very Important Instructions and Step 1 with the "here" link there in order to download and install the Premiere Elements 11 tryout without any Access Denied message. You can start by using this as the tryout or just insert your purchased serial number during installation to make it your working copy.

Photoshop Elements 11 Direct Download Links: Free Trials, Premiere | ProDesignTools

After the initial phase, you will be back in the donor web site where you select the two files specific to your operating system 32 or 64 bit.

Click on File 1 first.

Alternately, you can go to Adobe web site (http://www.adobe.com), sign in with your Adobe ID and Password, go to the Search field to type in My Orders.

Then follow the link to My Orders to find your order which should have associated with it the online download files of your purchased product. Remember to pick

the set (.exe file and .7z) that are in agreement with your computer operating system 32 or 64 bit.

Please let us know if you are OK with the above information.

Remember - antivirus and firewall(s) disabled during download and install.

Thanks.

ATR

• 8. Re: The installation wizard was interrupted while installing Adobe Premiere Elements 11.
                        marusot Level 1

Hi. Romano

Thanks for your reply.

I understand your message means

1. download new file.

2. after downloaded install the file.

Is it Okay?

If I download the new file as your guide

Can I succeed in installing it?

I'm afraid the file is not installed. Because I had twice failed to install.

I had already downloaded and I tried to install.

After reading your message, I tried to find my order by useing search terms in search field (http://www.adobe.com).

But I could not find my order details. Now I do not know how to find my orders.

So I will follow your first link.

I am ready.

• 9. Re: The installation wizard was interrupted while installing Adobe Premiere Elements 11.
                          marusot Level 1

Hi

I made several attempts to solve the problem.

In this process.

I downloaded two programs( AdobeDownloadAssistant.exe and AdobeAIRInstaller.exe )

The usage of 'AdobeDownloadAssistant.exe" is download the PremiereElements_11.

During installation the AdobeDownloadAssistant, error message say can not be installed, because "AdobeAIR" is not installed.

So I downloaded the 'AdobeAIRInstaller.exe' and I started the installation.

But I failed to install. Error message say "during installation an error occured (1500)"

I have downloaded the program according to your instructions.

PremiereElements_11_WWEFDJ_win64.exe

PremiereElements_11_WWEFDJ_win64.7z

I tried to Install.

But

A new problem occurred.

Error1500.jpg

How can I fix this problem?

Please! help me.

• 10. Re: The installation wizard was interrupted while installing Adobe Premiere Elements 11.
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

marusot

From the details, it sounds like you have an installation in progress and have somewhere along the line initiated another installation.

Do you see any evidence of a first installation going on? If so, cancel out of the installation in which you are getting the Error 1500 message.

Are you getting the Premiere Elements install from the web site and from Adobe intermixed?

Depending on the circumstances, you may be forced into cleaning the slate and starting again with one source for the installation files or the other.

If you do this, make sure to uninstall (if any evidence of install), free ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts), install with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

CCleaner - Download

See if you can find the first installation in progress? Also, double check the Control Panel/Programs to see if Premiere Elements is listed as an installed program there.

Also, make sure that you do not have any Windows Automatic Updates taking place at this time.

Thanks.

ATR

• 11. Re: The installation wizard was interrupted while installing Adobe Premiere Elements 11.
                              marusot Level 1

Hi.  Romano

I would like to convey a very good news.

I installed APremeire Elements 11 successfully today.

Meanwhile, thank you for helping.

Always Have a Good Luck.

• 12. Re: The installation wizard was interrupted while installing Adobe Premiere Elements 11.
                                marusot Level 1

Hi.  Romano

Joy was only a moment.

p01.jpg

p02.jpg

p03.jpg

p04.jpg

Help me again

• 13. Re: The installation wizard was interrupted while installing Adobe Premiere Elements 11.
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

manusol

I hope that I have good news for you.

From your screenshots, it looks like you are in the Quick workspace of Premiere Elements 11.

The Quick workspace does not have a Project Assets next to Add Media the way that the Expert workspace does.

In the Quick workspace, it is Add Media, you make your selection (as you did for Files and Folders), you select the file(s) that you want (as you did for your folder), and then the contents of that Folder get placed directly in the Filmstrip.

I am not sure what you are saying with the screenshot where last 4 visible scene marked.

Please review and explain further.

Thank you. Progress sounds good. Hope the above gets us on course again.

ATR

• 14. Re: The installation wizard was interrupted while installing Adobe Premiere Elements 11.
                                    marusot Level 1

Hi. Romano

I know in the Quick workspace the Medias placed directly in the Filmstrip.

The problem is "do not placed" directly in the Filmstrip.

And in the Expert workspace Import Media does not working.

p05.jpg

So I can't add or insert any media.

Last 4 visible scene meams.

If I slide the 'round point' to left the space between medias should narrowed in the Filmstrip. But it do not working.

The phenomenon is also slided to the right.

I hope to get good news.

• 15. Re: The installation wizard was interrupted while installing Adobe Premiere Elements 11.
                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

marusot

If the issue is only in the Expert workspace/Projects Assets....this is what I suspect is the problem and what to do....

Look to the top left of  Project Assets to see 3 icons

Show/Hide Video

Show/Hide Still Image

Show/Hide Audio

It looks like you have clicked on only Show Audio (note the gray background for that icon in your screenshot).

Please click on the other 2 icons so that they have gray background which would indicate that they are in the Show rather than

Hide Status.

Looking forward to your results.

Thanks.

ATR

• 16. Re: The installation wizard was interrupted while installing Adobe Premiere Elements 11.
                                        marusot Level 1

Romano

Your diagnosis is correct.

I had to activate the button.

All is well.

maybe I will not bother you in the future.

Thank you very much.

• 17. Re: The installation wizard was interrupted while installing Adobe Premiere Elements 11.
                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

marusot

Great news. Really liked "All is well."

But, I want you to understand that all questions (big or small or in between) are important if the person asking the question does not have

an answer. Consequently, your questions and those of other Premiere Elements users are never a bother.

We will look forward to learning of your progress as you move forward with your Premiere Elements projects and as your time permits.

Best wishes.

ATR