2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2014 6:25 AM by Test Screen Name

Licensing problems with fonts

treco ltd

Hello, when using the program I am having problem with these 3 fonts: A Love of Thunder, Futura and FsAlbert.

It comes up saying that I have a licensing problem when it shouldn't be the case as they are free.

Is there any solution to this?

Thanks,

• 1. Re: Licensing problems with fonts
          jmlevy Adobe Community Professional

I downloaded A Love of Thunder font from dafont (a website where you can fin a lot of free fonts) and did a quick test. I imported it to may font manager (FontExplorer Pro) and read the informations: embedding and print non authorized. I suspect you have the same problem with the 2 others.

• 2. Re: Licensing problems with fonts
            Test Screen Name Most Valuable Participant

The font A Love Of Thunder is free for non-commercial use only ("(A) used by a person, not an organization (B) used only for the enjoyment of the user and those personally known to the user (C) used in a way that neither directly nor indirectly involves commerce.").. But that still doesn't mean that its license allows embedding. You might need to buy a license for that. The Cumberland Fontworks: Fonts for Gamers

Note that many "free fonts" sites don't bother to explain licenses properly. But ALL FONTS, even free ones, are covered by licenses.