Did you delete your project file and/or the video files?
Have you opened your project file and the video files are not found?
Do you use an external drive for your project or video files?
I did not delete the file.
I have looked throughout the computer, including the project file. I can see the video clips on Elements but cannot access them.
No external drive used.
First the immediate situation and then the rest.
What is your immediate need
1. A copy of the DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc
2. The project.prel file so that you can edit the Timeline content to correct or add to the content for another burn to DVD-VIDEO format on DVD disc?
If you need a copy of what you already have, then use the exact copy feature of the burn software that came with your computer burner.
If your computer burner did not come with burn software, I can tell you how to make the copies using the free ImgBurn. This is not as quick a process -
an extra step or two, but it will get the job done well.
You can also open the DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc, copy the VIDEO_TS Folder and take that to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc with ImgBurn for a copy or copies.
Now for search for the project.prel file from which you produced your DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc.
1. Depending on the circumstances, you may have overwritten it when you opened a new project after the other project.
2. Did you customize the save location for the project or just accept the program's default which would have been
3. When you installed Premiere Elements 12 did you install to the default location on the Local Disk C?
4. What do you mean by
I can see the video clips on Elements but cannot access them.
When you import media into a project, all you have are copies of the originals in Project Assets. But, the copies need always to trace back to the originals at the hard drive save location where they were at import into the project. You have got to be opening something to say "I can see the video clips on Elements...." What is that something?
Please review, consider, clarify.