• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CUDA 5.0

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2014 Aug 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased creative cloud and was playing with all the apps; when I opened after effects it said I needed CUDA 5.0 or later. I went to download it and my browser warned me "that this type of file can be harmful to your computer. Do want to continue downloading it or discard it? Anybody know anything about CUDA? I've never heard of it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Aug 24, 2014 Aug 24, 2014

> it said I needed CUDA 5.0 or later

That's not what it said.

The message says that _if_ you do not have CUDA installed and a specific Nvidia GPU, _then_ one feature (GPU acceleration of the ray-traced 3D renderer) will not work. That is all. Since the ray-traced 3D renderer is a seldom-used feature, and since there are better ways to work with 3D in After Effects, you can typically ignore this message.

Details of GPU acceleration:

GPU (CUDA, OpenGL) features in After Effects

Details of a better w

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2014 Aug 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only install CUDA driver if you have a CUDA compatible Nvidia graphics adapter. If you don't have one do not install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 24, 2014 Aug 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not what it said.

The message says that _if_ you do not have CUDA installed and a specific Nvidia GPU, _then_ one feature (GPU acceleration of the ray-traced 3D renderer) will not work. That is all. Since the ray-traced 3D renderer is a seldom-used feature, and since there are better ways to work with 3D in After Effects, you can typically ignore this message.

Details of a better way to work with 3D in After Effects:

details of CINEMA 4D integration with After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2015 May 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know. I hate when those messages pop up and more is required. Thanks, D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2015 Dec 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Todd_Kopriva wrote:

That's not what it said.

Details of a better way to work with 3D in After Effects:

details of CINEMA 4D integration with After Effects

Actually, that's exactly what it said. You simply restated his original question and added a few extra words. He said, "when I opened after effects it said I needed CUDA 5.0 or later," and you stated that CUDA is needed as well as a specific Nvidia GPU for the GPU acceleration of the ray-traced 3D renderer feature to work. Jonesy21sep was paraphrasing. So Todd, was "That's not what it said," really necessary in order to properly answer Jonesy21sep's question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AnotherLovelady wrote:

So Todd, was "That's not what it said," really necessary in order to properly answer Jonesy21sep's question?

Yes. Because the actual text of the message that the OP was paraphrasing does not say that you need CUDA.

Todd wasn't just restating and adding words; he was helping to clarify the misunderstood message. Todd was actually using wording a lot closer to the actual notification message that the OP saw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2016 Aug 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the answer? I am having this same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 16, 2016 Aug 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

amandam37775957 wrote:

What is the answer? I am having this same issue

What issue are you experiencing? If you're getting a message at launch of AE about the ray-traced renderer, you can ignore it (unless you plan to use the ray-traced renderer, but it's considered obsolete, so I would recommend against using it.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines