11 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2014 7:37 AM by A.T. Romano

Can't register online my copy of premiere elements 8?

Orv999

Can't register online my copy of premiere elements 8?

• 1. Re: Can't register online my copy of premiere elements 8?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Orv999

What computer operating system is involved with your Premiere Elements 8?

Please explain if you are making a distinction between registering and the program being activated?

Is the program installed on your computer as evidenced by its appearance in Control Panel/Programs?

Did the installation files accept your purchased serial number?

Did the program recognized your Adobe ID. (There is no more Sign In with Premiere Elements 10 and earlier. So I am

wondering if you are hung up with that.)

Can you open Premiere Elements 8 and create a new project.

Details are need for us to help you.

We will be watching for your details.

ATR

Add On...If screenshots would help to demonstrate the program messages that you are getting, please post them omitting any personal information from them.

• 2. Re: Can't register online my copy of premiere elements 8?
            Orv999 Level 1

I have win 7 pro installed on new hard drive. It installed fine and accepted product code no problem but can't open Premiere Elements 8 and create a new project because it takes me to an adobe site that only loads about 20% of page and just hangs. I do see an accept button on top right which I push but no action, just sits there. We have a very fast internet connection. Won't let use my software because it won't allow me to accept terms of use!!?

• 3. Re: Can't register online my copy of premiere elements 8?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Orv999

Have you ever installed this purchased serial number before on this computer or another?

Or is this a brand new out of box product for you?

After the product code is accepted with no problems, what do you see next? Is it a dialog that you click on either OK, continue, or cancel?

Or, it is an automatic transfer to the Adobe site over which you have no control?

ATR

• 4. Re: Can't register online my copy of premiere elements 8?
                Orv999 Level 1

I've had this product for 5 years on same computer but my hard drive crashed, bought new one, reinstalled win 7 pro and all my software on it. I own this copy of premiere elements 8 from original software cd.

• 5. Re: Can't register online my copy of premiere elements 8?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Orv999

Thanks for the background information.

What was the answer to

After the product code is accepted with no problems, what do you see next? Is it a dialog that you click on either OK, continue, or cancel?

Or, it is an automatic transfer to the Adobe site over which you have no control?

In the Adobe web page that you are directed to, is there any mention of

a. MPEG2 Activation

b. Disc Menu installation

c. Registration and or Sign In with Adobe ID and Password

ATR

• 6. Re: Can't register online my copy of premiere elements 8?
                    Orv999 Level 1

No, all there is that loaded was some frame work edges with nothing inside. Basically nothing there at all except in upper rt corner accept button, decline button and a cancel button. When I hit accept, NOTHING happens. It's not my browser Firefox because all pages always loads in seconds as we have very fast speed. It does say 'License Agreement' and says, to continue, you must accept the end user license agreement. The body's are all blank/empty. Here's the URL address in the address window: file:///C:/ Program Files (x86)/Adobe/ Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0/adobe_epic/eula/en_US/install.html

• 7. Re: Can't register online my copy of premiere elements 8?
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

ORv999

Just make sure that the problem exists with or without antivirus and firewalls disabled.

Do you have installation files or installation disc with a purchased serial number for your Premiere Elements 8.

If you do, I would encourage you to....

1. Uninstall Premiere Elements 8 using the usual Control Panel way.

2. Do a free ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts)

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

3. Disable the antivirus and firewall(s)

4. Reinstall Premiere Elements 8. Before you open the program, go to the following web site and download and install

the Premiere Elements 8.0.1 Update. Adobe - Premiere Elements : For Windows : Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0.1 update

5. Open Premiere Elements and determine if the problems are gone.

Depending on the results, we may follow that up with deletion of the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file and, if necessary, deletion of the whole 8.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden, Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you see the complete path mentioned.

It is important for you to let me know if you see any evidence of messages related to

a. MPEG2 Activation

b. Disc Menu installation

c. Registration, or Sign In with Adobe ID and Password associated with photoshop.com

Thanks.

ATR

• 8. Re: Can't register online my copy of premiere elements 8?
                        Orv999 Level 1

Thank you A.T. Romano!!! Followed your instructions to the Tee and it worked!! The trick or key was, I believe, installing the 8.01 update before initially open Premiere. This time when I opened Premiere, it just opened without having to go to that internet Adobe site that wouldn't load fully! Couldn't get CCleaner to install, so I used 'Wise' registry cleaner instead which I already had. Many many thanks and Best Regards!!! Orv Smith

• 9. Re: Can't register online my copy of premiere elements 8?
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Orv Smith

Great news of your success. We did a good job sorting through the troubleshooting.

Just in case note for Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1....

Be sure to shut off the automatic Background Rendering and AutoAnalyzer features. They are major grabbers of computer resources.

The automatic Background Rendering should have been shut off by the 8.0.1 Update. But, please check nonetheless via Premiere Elements workspace Edit Menu/Preferences/General. The AutoAnalzyer shut off is done by the user. To do that, in the Premiere Elements workspace, click on the Organizer tab in the row below the active Organize header to open the Elements Organizer. In the Elements Organizer workspace go to Edit Menu/Preferences/AutoAnalzyer Options and turn off all that you see under that preference "AutoAnalyzer Options" To get back to the Premiere Elements workspace from the Elements Organizer workspace, in the Elements Organizer workspace, go to File Menu/Exit.

Thank you for the follow up.

Best wishes as you move forward in your Premiere Elements projects.

ATR

• 10. Re: Can't register online my copy of premiere elements 8?
                            Orv999 Level 1

Thanks again ATR! I will check and turn those 2 items off, thanks!

I have one more problem. It's not Adobe related, but I thought I'd pass it by you just case you might have heard of this before. I recently did a fresh install of Win 7 Pro on new hard drive, installed 'Comodo' firewall and anti-virus. Bundled with that was a piece of software called 'Privdog', which got installed without me knowing. I have since uninstalled it, but every time I open Windows, it immediately comes up in my face with this message:

"AXWIN Frame Window: trustedadssvc.exe - Ordinal Not Found

The ordinal 459 could not be located in the dynamic link library urlmon.dll"

I have scoured the internet for any remedy or solution, but to no avail. Any thoughts! Best, Orv Smith

• 11. Re: Can't register online my copy of premiere elements 8?
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Orv Smith

Not sure of cause and effect with regard to Privdog and the message that you are getting

"AXWIN Frame Window: trustedadssvc.exe - Ordinal Not Found

The ordinal 459 could not be located in the dynamic link library urlmon.dll"

I have online descriptions of this but not related specifically to Privdog

http://community.sophos.com/t5/Sophos-EndUser-Protection/Unusual-Error-Message-AXWIN-Frame /td-p/16139

http://www.techrepublic.com/forums/discussions/axwin-frame-window-error/

Consider doing a free ccleaner run through of your computer (both cleaner part and registry part).

CCleaner - Download

Please update us on your progress when your schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR