5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2014 12:43 PM by JimHess

I can't see my library in LR?

Adrian Mora

?

• 1. Re: I can't see my library in LR?
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I'm sorry, but you have got to do a lot better than that if you want assistance. We need to know things like:

Operating system

Version of Lightroom

Have you had Lightroom running previously?

When you talk about your library, are you talking about in the Lightroom library module?

In that module, do you see anything?

The more detailed you can provide about what is or is not happening, the more we will be able to help you.

• 2. Re: I can't see my library in LR?
            Adrian Mora Level 1

sorry about that... Yes I do mean the library Module.  Where I normally see my folders and collections is a big blank gray box.

I can locate my recent folders from the Develop module but I do see the rest of my catalog.

I use Windows 7 and have Adobe photographer package with PS CC and the latest version of LR 5.6.

I was exporting a folder from my HD to an EXT HD and when I returned I couldn't see the library anymore? I closed it and all applications and then restarted it but I still have the same problem.  Any ideas?

I've been working in lightroom and PS hard for the past few days.  My LR catalog is starting to get big and was just looking at ways to create separate catalogs so I could be more organized too.

Thanks in advance

• 3. Re: I can't see my library in LR?
              dj_paige Level 9

Where I normally see my folders and collections is a big blank gray box.

I never heard of a big blank gray box where the folders and collections should be. Do you possibly mean that the photos in the Library are a gray box? Or is it really a big blank gray box on the left where the Folders and Collections should be?

• 4. Re: I can't see my library in LR?
                Adrian Mora Level 1

I've never seen this either.  Your exactly right. It's a big clank nox where the folders and collections are supposed to be but they are not. I cannot access any of my folders directly and I cannot export thru my presets. I have to click on my recent files. I have to export with a right click and use a user preset.

• 5. Re: I can't see my library in LR?
                  JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Well, I don't have a solution really. But there's always the old "delete the Lightroom preferences file" solution that seems to resolve some of these problems.

How do I delete the Lightroom Preferences file? - The Lightroom Queen Help Desk & Members Area - Powered by Kayako Resol…