4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2014 2:32 PM by smbreau

LR 5.6 *VERY* slow moving from Library page to Import page

smbreau

I am running LR 5.6 on Windows 8.1 64-bit with a 3.8 GHz processor.

I am having trouble getting to the page to import files. Once I click the "Import" button, it takes about 3 minutes to switch from the library to the import files page. I have set the default image location to a folder on my local hard drive, so it shouldn't be trying to connect to some location on my network. Once there I get to the import files page, it says "please select a source", at which point I now have to wait another 4-5 minutes before I can select the folder/card with the images on it. Once I finally get there, it takes the normal amount of time to populate the screen with thumbnails and then import them (i.e., runs as expected).

To make sure it is not a problem with my catalogue, I started with a fresh one. I have 3 images in it, and the problem did not improve.

It almost seems like every time I go to the import screen, LR is searching all my drives, all my card readers, and my server. It seriously takes about as much time as performing a search in Windows File Explorer on my whole system. Other than that, I can't think of how it could take this long. Is there a setting I need to choose to tell LR to just stick to my local system? I am going nuts with this problem. I'm having trouble even working with it, because each time I want to switch between screens I have to find something else to do for almost 10 minutes. It's really hard to play with settings because of the sheer amount of time it takes to get to the import screen. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, as I can't seem to find any other forum posts describing a problem like this.