1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 23, 2014 7:07 PM by A.T. Romano

How to toggle the CTI so it moves left to right on timeline rather than stay centered during playback?

penguinrock

I'm working with Premiere Elements 7, so it's a little older.  In times past, the CTI simply moved left to right on the timeline during playback.  I got used to this for years, and it does have its advantages.

However, I recently did a system restore and reinstall Elements 7 with an available patch offered via Adobe's website.  Now the CTI stays centered in the middle during playback and the timeline moves from right to left.

Any way I can toggle this so I can use the original feature?  I've searched all over the internet to found out how to do this and can't find an answer.

• 1. Re: How to toggle the CTI so it moves left to right on timeline rather than stay centered during playback?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

penguinrock

You are dealing with Timeline Playback Auto-Scrolling Options - No Scroll versus Page Scroll versus Smooth Scroll.

I wrote all about them in

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12/12.1: Timeline Playback Auto-Scrolling

But to cut to the core of the matter....there is sort of a conflict in what you wrote....

The default Timeline Playback Auto-Scroll option is Page Scroll for versions 12 through 9 and Smooth Scroll from

versions 8 to 4.

Smooth Scroll is the choice where the Timeline Indicator stops in the center of the visible timeline and then has the Work Area Bar and Timeline moving from right to left. You say you want the "original". If so, you have the original.

If you want Page Scroll or No Scroll, go to Edit Menu/Preferences/General, try each of the 3 choices and decide which one you want.

I suspect it is the Page Scroll option that you are now seeking.

Please review and consider and then let us know the outcome.

Need clarification on anything written, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks.

ATR