1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 24, 2014 8:08 AM by A.T. Romano

please log-in with an admin account to access adobe premiere elements

JohnMinkara

I have bought Premier Elements but it will not start. Keeps asking me to: "please log-in with an admin account to access adobe premiere elements". Then it closes.

ASUS laptop, 17" Processor: i7- 4700HQ @2.4 GHz

RAM 8 GB,   Win 8.1 64

My account is Admin, and have started the program "As administrator."

Have reinstalled elements.

The computer ran a trial of Adobe Premiere Pro CC perfectly. Have uninstalled it to see if it fixes the problem.

Quicktime ver. 7.7.5  It is up to date.

• 1. Re: please log-in with an admin account to access adobe premiere elements
          A.T. Romano Level 7

johnminkara

What version of Premiere Elements are you using on your Windows 8.1 64 bit computer? For now I will assume Premiere Elements 12.

If you are running the program from a User Account with Administrative Privileges, then please apply Run As Administrator

a. by right clicking the desktop icon and clicking on Run As Administrator

or

b. by right clicking the desktop icon, selecting Properties, and then putting a check mark next to Run As Administrator found at the bottom of Compatibility Tab's

"Privilege Level". You could also apply Run As Administrator to the Adobe Premiere Elements.exe file, but one or the other above should do the job.

In the final analysis, you may probably end up with Premiere Elements 12 uninstall usual Control Panel route, free ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts), and reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled. Did you use a "Clean Tool" for the removal of Adobe Premiere Pro CC.

Use the CC Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems | CC, CS3-CS6

We will be watching for your results.

Thank you.

ATR