6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2014 2:23 PM by Szalam

My project gets an error message and crashes everytime I go to render or preview on AE

Davies101

I have recently starting using AE on my computer, every now and then its struggled to work but I haven't had any major issues until now.

When I try to render or preview my project I've had an error message pop up saying:

"After Effects error: crash occurred while invoking effect plug-in "Shatter".

then followed by a second message

"After Effects error: Crash in progress. Last logged message was <6492> <getdepthpinflags> <5> 32:32 bit

and finally

"After Effects can't continue: sorry, After Effects has crashed. See http://www.adobe.com/support/products/aftereffects.html for known issues. If you still can't resolve this issue, please contact Adobe Technical Support (2).

it then asks me to save and crashes.

I think it may be to do with my computer specs as it does struggle at times in other areas on AE

can someone tell me if i need to buy something like a new graphics card or something?

I don't have any knowledge when it comes to computer specs so heres a link to all the specifications for my computer: HP Support document - HP Support Center

please help me! need to have this project finished so if I need to buy something new for the computer i need to buy  it straight away

thanks