Can you give an example of an operator the can't be used? Thanks.
If you need help with a script ask questions. These forums are not designed them be online courses. If you need to learn Photoshop Scripting there are few resources. A book or two and a few introduction tutorials on the web. There are a few forums on Photoshop Scripting. There are also bugs in Photoshop ScriptUI that Adobe does not fix.
To JJMack & FrameExpert.
I have two apologies to make:
1. I forgot to mention "FrameMaker".
2. The incorrect command was miss-spelt!
However my original question, slightly modified, still stands. Can I assume that all the operators in the Flanagan's book are valid for the ExtendScript Editor.
Very many thanks for the prompt replies.
Just to put a tidy end to the discussion after further thought:
for example Best practices: Usage
which includes :
Supply pertinent information for quicker answers
The more information you supply about your situation, the better equipped other community members will be to answer. Consider including the following in your question:
- Adobe product and version number
- Operating system and version number
- The full text of any error message(s)
- What you were doing when the problem occurred
- Screenshots of the problem
- Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; amount of RAM; etc.
Photoshop CS3 Scripting added Plug-in support into scripting and even converted Photoshop old Plug-in Fit Images from a compiled Plug-in into an Plug-in Script "Fit Imaqge..jsx". So you cal writ scripts that are plug-in designed to be used in Actions. You can record Actions when you record the Action step the records the Plug-in Script step. The Script will open its dialog. When you fill out the dialog and then click it run button the script will not only run it will also record the dialog settings you used int the action step being recorded. When that step is played the script will bypass displaying its dialog and use the recorded settings. However you can turn on the step dialog by checking the step dialog box.
I have used Fit Image as a model to create a couple of plug-in of my own.
Crafting Actions Package UPDATED Aug 10, 2014 Added Conditional Action steps to Action Palette Tips.
- Action Actions Palette Tips.txt
- Action Creation Guidelines.txt
- Action Dealing with Image Size.txt
- Action Enhanced via Scripted Photoshop Functions.txt
- CraftedActions.atn Sample Action set includes an example Watermarking action
- Sample Actions.txt Photoshop CraftedActions set saved as a text file.
- More then a dozen Scripts for use in actions
If a user is asking about Extensdscript in the FrameMaker Scripting Forum, why do you assume that they're scripting for Photoshop?
I see what you mean I don't look at the FrameMaker Scripting forum did know it even existed some something must have redirected me from the Photoshop general of scripting forums where I hang out. Or I accidentally clicked on your thread some where and your question was about extendscript editor which is also used to edit Photoshop scripts I assumed I was in thePhotoshop Scripting forum sorry about my appends.