5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2014 5:56 PM by A.T. Romano

how do I deactivate elements 10 on broken computer??

biczippoflint

My computer is unbootable and I will be installing Premier Elements on a new computer. I can I deactivate when I can't get to the programs???

• 1. Re: how do I deactivate elements 10 on broken computer??
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

License allows activating on 2 computers... to deactivate on a dead computer you need to contact Adobe

Serial number and activation chat support (non-CC) may help

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service1.html

• 2. Re: how do I deactivate elements 10 on broken computer??
            biczippoflint Level 1

thanks

I contacted chat and they advised me to wait until I install on my new

computer and see what happens. It any problem they will help.

I haven't gotten my new pc yet.

dennis

On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 2:07 PM, John T Smith <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 3. Re: how do I deactivate elements 10 on broken computer??
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Dennis

I do not understand Adobe Chat's response to your request to it to deactivate Premiere Elements 10 on a crashed computer. Is it that you cannot start the computer or is it that Premiere Elements 10 on that computer does not open?

What video card/graphics card did the crashed computer use?

According to Adobe's wait and see stance, what is expected to happen when you install Premiere Elements 10 on the new computer?

a. If the new computer uses a NVIDIA GeForce card, you have major problems with Premiere Elements 10 on that new computer, and the activation of it on the new computer will represent 2 in the count of purchased serial number on no more than 2 of your computers.

b. if the new computer does not use a NVIDIA GeForce card, Premiere Elements 10 should work but it still represents 2 in the count.

Unless there is an Adobe consideration that I am overlooking, you might consider re-contacting Adobe Chat about this matter and asking for a supervisor if necessary.

For contact with Adobe Chat, please use the following link which is under Premiere Elements and not another Adobe program. The Chat Panel is active at this moment.

http://helpx.adobe.com/sea/contact.html?step=PRE_adobe-id-signing-in_stillNeedHelp

I have it set for

Premiere Elements

Adobe ID and Signing In

Adobe ID, Sign In, Account Help

Chat Panel

If the link does not hold its set, you will have to navigate the link to reach the Chat Panel, using the titles above for guides.

The Adobe Chat experience that you are reporting appears to be different than in the past. It would be important for the Premiere Elements users to know if Adobe Chat is changing its mode of operation.

Please update us on your progress when you get a chance.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: how do I deactivate elements 10 on broken computer??
                biczippoflint Level 1

Here is the last of the chat.   According to Vikram, they can not

deactivate from there end. I have no idea what cards my crashed computer

used. It was an hp pavallion slimline that I had for many years and am glad

it crashed since I've been wanting a more powerful pc. Read below at the

transcript. Thanks for your attention.

Vikram: May I know what error message you are getting when you try to

activate on your new computer?

Dennis Okrie: I don't have my new computer yet ... I am getting ready to

install next week.

Vikram: Dennis, I am sorry, we don't have the option to deactivate from our

side,  in this case you can activate on your new computer, if you face any

issue in activating please contact us back , we will surely help you in

activating.

Dennis Okrie: ok.. so i may be able to activate on 3rd computer.

Vikram: You can activate on only two computers.

Dennis Okrie: but it's activated on a computer I can not access. It is

activated there as well as this computer I am using. How can I deactivate

on a computer no longer accessable.???

Vikram: Please contact us if you face any issue in activating , we will

help you in activation.

Dennis Okrie: ok thanks and bye for now

Vikram: You are welcome.

Vikram: Is there anything else I can help you with?

Dennis Okrie: not at this time....thanks again

On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 3:13 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 5. Re: how do I deactivate elements 10 on broken computer??
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

biczippoflint

Thanks for that information concerning your contact with Adobe Chat and the deactivation of Premiere Elements on your crashed computer.

For some reason I thought the process involved only Adobe Chat clearing information from one of its Servers and your Adobe account and was independent of its contact with the crashed computer.

We will be watching for further developments.

Best wishes

ATR