I've inherited an InDesign file for which I have to generate a 508-compliant PDF. Normally this is pretty smooth with InDesign, and most issues have historically been pretty easy to fix.
With this document, though, every single individual line is exporting to tagged PDF as a separate <Span> tag.
I've turned off overrides and hyphenation, and looked for manual line breaks. I've also tried exporting it out to IDML and opening that, and the resulting PDF was no better.
If anyone has an idea of whether there's some odd setting I'm missing that could explain why this is happening, that would be very helpful!
I'm not sure if you're still having this trouble but it is also happening to me. You can fix it using the Touch Up Reading Order panel, highlighting the text and clicking the 'Text' button. However this is not an option for me as the document is 250 pages long.