4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2014 10:33 PM by Michael Stehly

Sony HDR CX380b

Michael Stehly Level 1

I have a Sony HDR CX 380b camcorder.  It is 100% compatible with Adobe Premiere Elements 12.  I edit on a Dell desktop computer with Windows 8.1  It has an Intel i5 quad core processor at 3.10 GHz.  The Hard Drive speed is 7200.  I have no problem editing the AVCHD files.

• 1. Re: Sony HDR CX380b
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Michael Stehly

Thank you for sharing great news that you are doing well editing your Sony HDR CX380b video with Premiere elements 12 on Windows 8.1 64 bit.

Could you tell us

a. What camera mode(s) you are using

1920 x 1080

AVCHD.mts  (please confirm that is your file extension)

AVCHD.mp4

and whether you are working with frame rates of 24p, 60p, or are you editing the 1440 x 1080i29.97 (called 60i) choice. (Or the PAL counterparts).

b. What are the size and duration of one of your typically projects.

c. What has been your export choices for your Timeline contents?

d. How much installed RAM/available RAM and total capacity and free hard drive space does your computer have?

Best wishes as you move forward with your video projects.

ATR

• 2. Re: Sony HDR CX380b
            Michael Stehly Level 1

I am using 1920 x 1080 AVCHD.mts with a frame rate of 29.97.   I use Premiere Elements 12.1 to make DVD's.  The computer has 8 gigabytes of RAM, expandable to 16.  The size of the video files varies widely from 1 gigabyte to 7 gigabytes.  The duration could be from 20 to 40 minutes. 

• 3. Re: Sony HDR CX380b
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Michael Stehly

Thanks for the backup information on your workflow. Sounds great.

Are you doing DVD-VIDEO widescreen on DVD disc and/or AVCHD format on DVD disc?

ATR

• 4. Re: Sony HDR CX380b
                Michael Stehly Level 1

I am creating DVD-VIDEO widescreen on DVD disc.  As an experiment I have done AVCHD format on DVD disc.  The video quality is almost the same as Blu Ray.  However, you need a BluRray player to watch the video.