0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2007 10:59 AM by Neus Realone

Httpservice Class repeating its content

Neus Realone
      I am Seun Ojo, a flex developer from Nigeria.

I am presently working on a flex application that monitors SMS traffic on an SMS Gateway platform.

To keep the user always update on the new messages received, i allow them to be able to adjust the rate at which the messages are fetched..

In some occasions, I experience a situation where the HTTPService class keeps refering to the messages that was fetched on the first call, on subsequent call to a Coldfusion page(sort of a proxy) that returns newly received messages.

I have used so many techniques in trying to solve this problem, including the asynchronous token pattern, giving the HTTPSerice a marker, n ol.....but it doesnt work. I saw a similar project, but it was written in AJAX...n dats not 2 friendly to me...

Again, summarily d problem is this:
      I have a scenario where every 10s (for example), i make an Http Get Request to a coldfusion page (dat is supposed to return new messages on each invocation), the Httpservice returns the content of first invocation on subsequently for other invocations...

Its a little bit annoying, because at times it works, and then again...when you try to run it again when showing someone, it begins to return the same content to my grid...

PLEASE I SERIOUSLY NEED HELP.....I HAVE TRIED OL I CAN AND HAVE SEVERALLY CHECKED THE DOCUMENTATION AND RESOURCES I HAVE....
      I WOULD GLADLY APPRECIATE ANY FORM OF ASSISTANCE TO THIS BUG, WHETHER CODE EXAMPLE, OR TUTORIAL LINK

THANKS EVERYONE...