5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 28, 2014 9:22 AM by A.T. Romano

Premiere elements 12 Re-using (self made) titles.

Stephan-Katka

Hello,

My name is Stephan and i am new here. I used to work with an other program but i had enough of the eternal problems. I decided to buy Premiere elements 12 (Dutch version) and i am very glad i did so.

My question is about the use of titles. I made a small title and would like to copy that and use it a little bit further in the movie. But changing the tekst in the first title also changes the tekst in the second (or other copied) titles. In some way the parts are linked withe eachother and this is of course not what i would like. I tried to change the name of the title, but still all the other titles change also. What can i do about this?

Also i made a title myself with some animation and i would like to uste that in other movies. I saw something from Elements 11 in which they said that you must select the title and export it as an title file. In 12 i can not do that. The Export button can not be selected.

Can someone help me??

Many thanks, Stephan

• 1. Re: Premiere elements 12 Re-using (self made) titles.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Stephan

What computer operating system are you running Premiere Elements 12 on? If you have not already, please update from 12 to 12.1 via a project's Help Menu/Update. Just background information for now.

The immediate issues...

"Change one title change others" is a classical happening since you are working with titles with the same file name. In Project Assets, right click the title's thumbnail, select duplicate to duplicate the title, and then drag the duplicate to the Timeline.

The secret to success in saving the title created in the Titler is to

a. With Titler closed, go to Expert workspace, Project Assets, and select/highlight the thumbnail for the title created in the Titler.

b. now when you go to File Menu/Export/Title, Title will be active and ready for use.

If you have not seen the following, it may be helpful to you as you move forward with your Premiere Elements projects and its titles.

Adobe Premiere Elements 11 * Creating and trimming titles

More information later if needed.

Looking forward to your follow up.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere elements 12 Re-using (self made) titles.
            Stephan-Katka Level 1

Hello ATR,

Many thanx for your answer. I have now something to try and see if that is working. I am running Premiere elements 12 on win7 (original and updated). I am not sure if i have version 12.1. I must check. About saving titles created in the titler, i think i tried it the way as you described in a and b. But i was not able to select EXPORT.

I'll let you know soon if i succeeded.

Greetings, Stephan

• 3. Re: Premiere elements 12 Re-using (self made) titles.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Stephan

Thanks for the reply.

We will be watching for your results. The following screenshot is a summary of the steps.

SavingTitle.jpg

ATR

• 4. Re: Premiere elements 12 Re-using (self made) titles.
                Stephan-Katka Level 1

Yes,

I succeeded and i understand now how it works. I am used to copy titles from the timeline and paste them on an other place and change the text. Like you told me you have to duplicate the title in the PROJECT ASSET (in Dutch called PROJECT ELEMENTEN).

Again thanks for your explanation.

Stephan

• 5. Re: Premiere elements 12 Re-using (self made) titles.
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Stephan

Thank you for the very great news "I succeeded and i understand now how it works". Great job in working through the troubleshooting information.

We are pleased with your progress.

If you have further questions about your Premiere Elements workflows, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best wishes

ATR