3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2007 1:58 PM by kglad

Jumping to Scenes in another Movie

billlamar
      In a particular SWF I am working on, I have a preloader and an intro screen as one SWF, and then the main part of the piece as another SWF - I want a link that would "jump to" a particular scene in the other SWF - I have tried the gotoandplay command but I cannot get it to work to connect to an outside movie. I have been searching different Flash forums and have not had any luck finding any information.

- Bill
        • 1. Re: Jumping to Scenes in another Movie
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          you must wait until loading is complete to access particular frames of the external swf. use your preloader code to time the execution of your goto method after loading is complete.
          • 2. Re: Jumping to Scenes in another Movie
            billlamar Level 1
            After the preloader runs in the first SWF, a main menu is shown - that is where I have the link to the external file - but I do not know how to have the link go to a particular scene in the other swf.
            • 3. Re: Jumping to Scenes in another Movie
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              your link to the external file must be a loadMovie() or loadMovieNum() or loadClip() statement. if it's one of the first two, you'll need to use a preloader for the external swf. otherwise, you'll use onLoadInit().

we can probably reuse your current preloader by putting it in a function that has a timeline parameter and passing the timeline that we want to preload: _level0 when your main swf loads and your target movieclip if you're using loadMovie().