3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2014 7:03 AM by A.T. Romano

Slicing a Grouped Video Clips APE 11

Phil.com Level 1

Slicing a Grouped Video Clips APE 11

APE 11... I have an interview which was taken with two cameras. Now I want to combine them into one program. I have stacked Video 1 and Video 2. They are now synced and grouped. I want to slice out various section in the interview. When I use the scissor to cut the video apart everything stays together. I get a cut line but it will not come apart. It just all stays grouped.

Is there something better than un grouping, taking out the video 1 & 2 sections and re grouping?

Thank you.  Cheers and Peace! Phil

• 1. Re: Slicing a Grouped Video Clips APE 11
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Phil

Is there something better than un grouping, taking out the video 1 & 2 sections and re grouping?

Not really.

Except, I would probably use Opacity (Opacity keyframes at the clip's rubberband level) rather than cutting of the ungrouped in sync videos. But, cutting of the selected ungrouped clip should work fine.

If all you have is video 1 and 2, would you not be taking out just 2 to let 1 show? With 2 on top, 1 will

not be seen.

That is my first impression of the situation that you have described for your multi camera editing with Premiere Elements.

ATR

• 2. Re: Slicing a Grouped Video Clips APE 11
            Phil.com Level 1

Thanks AT. That's basically what I am doing. What I was trying to do first is remove sections from Video 1 & 2 that I don't want at all. Then as you noted I un link the two. Cut the top video2 where I want to drag down the yellow lind so I can see video 1. And repeat like a director was calling out the cameras. I thought there might be a better way but as you noted there is not.

Thank you for your help and prompt reply.  I will press on to create another "great" video. :-)

Cheeers adn Peace! Phil

• 3. Re: Slicing a Grouped Video Clips APE 11
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Phil

Thanks for the reply. I have thought about your question, hoping to think of a way to do the multi camera editing grouped. But do not see a way without the type of consequences that you have encountered when you tried to do that.

Best wishes for all your video projects.

ATR