8 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2014 3:52 PM by JNobles

Switching from photographer plan to complete and back possible?

Eyal M.

Hello. A small question.

I currently have the photography plan (CC+lightroom) which I use daily.

I am starting a few movie endeavours and also back into simple sites editing, and as a result I am considering switching to the complete edition as adding premier pro and maybe after effect and muse will cost more than the complete bundle. This will for a few months until february, and after that I'm not sure I will continue with it, but if so, I will for the most of the next year.

So my question is if I do switch to the complete bundle, can I go back to the photography bundle back, remove the apps I don't need, and just stay with photoshop+lightroom bundle as its currently priced? Or it will be more complicated than that?

I just wants a heads up to know what my options are, should I purchase those apps separately or save money for the complete bundle?

There is a current 40% off the complete bundle which can also save me some money.

Cheers.

• 1. Re: Switching from photographer plan to complete and back possible?
          Rajashree Bhattacharya Adobe Employee

You can upgrade from Single app CC to full version CC Manage your membership and payments | Creative Cloud

In case you want to get back to Photography Cc, you will need to cancel the Full Cc & then re purchase the Photography CC, it can not be changed back .

Regards

Rajshree

• 2. Re: Switching from photographer plan to complete and back possible?
            JNobles Level 1

In your case it would be more cost efficient that you would figure our the length of time that you will use premiere pro and after effects.  For example, if you only need to use both products for 2 to 3 months, it would be more economical for you to subscribe to both of these applications on a month by month basis.  On the next year when you know you will need access to all the apps then you can select to subscribe to the individual or business solutions for the complete creative cloud.

Trust me as this will save you a lot of time in trying to save money by subscribing/cancelling/subscribing on a short-term basis.

• 3. Re: Switching from photographer plan to complete and back possible?
              Eyal M. Level 1

Thank you.

If I cancel the complete subscription and repurchase the photography CC, there will not be any eligibility issues?

From what I understand the photography CC has a restriction which has been lifted for a limited time, which is when I subscribed.

I don't want to be suddenly forced to purchase only a single app if I want to go back to photoshop only.

• 4. Re: Switching from photographer plan to complete and back possible?
                Eyal M. Level 1

TP57 wrote:

In your case it would be more cost efficient that you would figure our the length of time that you will use premiere pro and after effects.  For example, if you only need to use both products for 2 to 3 months, it would be more economical for you to subscribe to both of these applications on a month by month basis.  On the next year when you know you will need access to all the apps then you can select to subscribe to the individual or business solutions for the complete creative cloud.

Trust me as this will save you a lot of time in trying to save money by subscribing/cancelling/subscribing on a short-term basis.

I will need them for about 5 months.

If I buy them separately, at least premier pro and after effects, I will need to pay 200$/300$ (2 or 3 apps), and if I cancel I will have to pay for about 140$/210$ (50% of remaining 7 months or keep using it for 7 more months).

If I buy the current available complete package which is currently on a discount for 30$/month for the first year, I will pay 150$, and than pay 105$ if I cancel, and I get everything.

If I continue for another year, the full price of the complete package for 50$/month will still cost less.

I just want to make sure I'm not doing a mistake, and if I do cancel the complete package (which is currently the best price), I will still be eligible to buy the photography package (as I don't have a previous CS3-CS6 license).

If its questionable, I will need to use a different ID to purchase a complete package, which as I understand the EULA, its not allowed (or am I mistaken?).

• 5. Re: Switching from photographer plan to complete and back possible?
                  JNobles Level 1

Hi Eyal,

Per your comment that you have not purchased an older version of Adobe software CS3-CS6 then you will not qualify for the Complete Special Offer at $29.99 as this is only available to our clients that have purchased non-student teacher adobe products in the versions stated above.  You will have to pay $49.99 for the individual complete creative cloud subscription.

Currenty the Photograhpy bundle is $10 per mth x 5= $50

Premiere Pro/After Effects each will cost $30 each per mth x 5mths= $300

Total Cost for these products for 5 mths=$350

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------

Individual Complete Cloud Subscription @ $50 per mth x 5 mths=$350.  Due to you cancelling the subscription before it expires, you will have to pay 50% of the remaining balance left owed for 7 mths that you did not fulfill the contract agreement which will cost you an extra $175. 

Note:  When paying mth by mth for premiere pro/after effects their is no long-term obligation.

I hope this is clear enough for you.

Best regards,

JNobles

• 6. Re: Switching from photographer plan to complete and back possible?
                    JNobles Level 1

correction for total cost for the complete individual cost over 5 months that should be $250.  Therefore you will save $50 over 5 months by taking this plan but it will cost you $125 to cancel the plan.

• 7. Re: Switching from photographer plan to complete and back possible?
                      Eyal M. Level 1

Ok now I understand.

Thank you for the clarification. reconsider what I need. I might in this case purchase what I need for a month to month basis, and once it will be time to renew the photography program, I will decide what to do.

Cheers.

• 8. Re: Switching from photographer plan to complete and back possible?
                        JNobles Level 1

Last note:  The $50 you saved will need to be added to the $125 as the total for the cancellation is $175.

Sorry for any of the confusion.