4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 22, 2014 11:00 AM by suetex

InDesign CC 2014 - crash when using links

suetex

This issue started happening right after I updated to the CC 2014 version. I am using a Windows 7. I thought it was a memory issue so I make sure to have as little browser/program activity as possible - I noticed it happened more frequently if I was streaming music for example. I'm not sure if that is the problem though, because it just happened again and I didn't have much activity going on. I saved my illustrator documents, closed all the .ai files, then went into InDesign (with only 1 doc open) and updated a link that I changed, then I tried to re-link an image to a new file, was able to browse for the file, but once I clicked open I got the same error.

"InDesign has encountered a problem..." It tries to figure it out, but it doesn't, I do not even have an error code, and then I'm forced to close the program. Fortunately my document is restored in its last state.

Sometimes it crashes before I can browse for a file. Sometimes is happens when I go to Place a new file. Sometimes it happens when I update a link, or even just click on a link.

Again, I have been using InDesign CC for months without this crashing issue, so I'm pretty sure its a bug with the 2014 release.

Please fix it soon!! It's getting really annoying to re-open the program multiple times in one sitting!