3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 28, 2014 8:49 AM by Cozmicone

Apply exact effects for timelapse

film man 24 Level 1

I have photoshop 8. I am trying to edit 1 of 1000 pics from a timelapse I shot of the stars. I first want to edit the pictures in photoshop and then bring them into premiere to turn them into a video. I want to change one photo (ex. burn, exposure, hue and other things) and then apply the exact effects onto the the remaining 999 pics the they will all match. I have tried to copy the layer (as tutorials have mentioned) but it is grayed out so I cannot select it. This should be easy, in premiere all I have to do is change the clip, select copy and "past attributes" to whatever clips I want and the exact changes to be applied to, then they all have the same white balance etc. I am used to running cs6 premiere pro and am having difficulties learning photoshop 8, I have also tried using adobe Bridge as a work around but am having issues with that also. About to scream haha trying to figure this out for days and it should be so easy   Thanks -Mark

• 1. Re: Apply exact effects for timelapse
          Cozmicone Level 4

In Photoshop select Help > Photoshop Online Help. When that loads, enter Photoshop Actions for your search term and then read up on how to create Photoshop actions. Then you can use the File > Automate > Batch to process all the images with the action you've created.

• 2. Re: Apply exact effects for timelapse
            film man 24 Level 1

I don' t follow you Cozmicone. The file>automation tools is all grayed out so I cant select it. I was reading that you have to have a third party plugin to activate in...I  didn't totally understand what you wanted me to do. I went to the help tab in PSE8 and selected the help feature that loads a online adobe help, I search for "Photoshop Actions" like you said and I get one result talking about the Undo button. Did you want me to go into file>automation tools and utilize the record feature, thus recording my actions (changing exposure etc.) and then take that recording of that and copy it to my remaining photos? Just a little lost on what you wanted me to do. Thank you for your help

• 3. Re: Apply exact effects for timelapse
              Cozmicone Level 4

I was just wanting you to read about how to record Actions in Photoshop. They allow you to record a series of steps which you can then use to automate the same steps on multiple images using the Batch in the Automation menu. If you're seeing that the Automation menu is greyed out in Photoshop then I'm not sure what's going on as it should be available as a default feature of Photoshop. I would recommend starting a new thread to get that figured out first then come back to this one.