6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2014 12:18 PM by A.T. Romano

my Premier elements 12 has trouble shutting down

akoolpix

When closing down my software it hangs up and wont close, can anyone help thanks

• 1. Re: my Premier elements 12 has trouble shutting down
          A.T. Romano Level 7

skoolpix

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 running on? And, have you updated the program from 12 to 12.1 using an opened project's Help Menu/Update? If not, please do so and let us know if that resolves the program shutting down problem.

Also, please let us know, if there is a marked delay in seeing the New Project dialog, if you go File Menu/New/Project.

If there is

a. right click the Premiere Elements 12 desktop icon and select and apply Run As Administrator in spite of the fact that you are assumed to running the program from a User Account with Administrative Privileges.

c. do a free ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts or as indicated by the ccleaner version)

Windows CCleaner - Download

Mac https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download?mac

d. look to the save location for the project file and tell us where that is and how much free hard drive space is there

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: my Premier elements 12 has trouble shutting down
            akoolpix Level 1

Hi and thank you for your help, In fact its my Premier Elements 11, sorry

I have updated the software , I am running on Windows 8

on a ASUS Ultrabook with 500GB, Have 300GB available for saving

Yes, there is a long delay starting up the program in both existing or new projects

Sometimes the only way to open the program is to reboot, and when closing there is an error window asking to close the program

It was running fine for a good year before these problems started, all my other software is working well.

Thanks

Allen

• 3. Re: my Premier elements 12 has trouble shutting down
              A.T. Romano Level 7

akoolpix

Thanks for the follow up.

Let us first look at the possibility of pile ups of preview files, conformed audio files, and conformed video files.

For Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 8 64 bit (should be the same for version 12 as well if on this operating system)

1. Check Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disk to determine where the scratch disks are directed and how much free hard drive

space is available at the location(s).

2. If default locations...

Preview Files

Libraries/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/11.0/Adobe Premiere Elements Preview Files Folder.

How many preview files there?

Conformed Audio Files (cfa and pek sets)

Libraries/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/11.0/Media Cache Files Folder

How many files there?

Conformed Video Files (.mcdb)

Edit Menu/Preferences/Media and its Media Cache Database area and Clean button.

Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common

How many files there?

Based on your answers to the above, we will plan what next.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: my Premier elements 12 has trouble shutting down
                akoolpix Level 1

Hi Again

I have 201.8 GB available for the scratch disks

all these are custom for use for audio and video.

I have only 2 preview files

media cache files 0

and I have performed a clean.

I will test opening and closing my software

and let you know

Thanks

Allen

• 5. Re: my Premier elements 12 has trouble shutting down
                  akoolpix Level 1

Hi There

The program was hanging up at loadingexporterquicktimehost.pm

I updated QuickTime to version  V 7.7.5

opened and closed a few times and presently all seems to be OK,

Am planning to upgrade to Elements Premier 12

Thanks for your help

• 6. Re: my Premier elements 12 has trouble shutting down
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

akoolpix

Thank you for the great news "....presently all seems to be OK" Great job of working through the troubleshooting details.

Please do not hesitate to ask if any questions or need clarification.

Best wishes as you move forward with your Premiere Elements projects.

a. If you go with Premiere Elements 12, please update the 12 to 12.1 Update after installation via an opened project's Help Menu/Update.

b. also keep in mind that Adobe is expected to release a new version of the program at the end of September 2014. Only Adobe knows what

the feature set of the new version will be. The details of the new version are not made public until the moment of release of the new version.

Please update us on your progress when your schedule permits.

Best Wishes

ATR