3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2015 10:16 AM by rossish

Blank pop up on after effects CC

mateoborja

I have a issue where a random pop up came, and it was completely blank. I cant save my project now and I can not lose it because ive been working on it for days. please help. anyone. thanks.

• 1. Re: Blank pop up on after effects CC
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

We can't know. you have not provided any system info or other sensible details. And well, if you have been "working on it for days", then surely you should have multiple incremental saves and backups of it.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Blank pop up on after effects CC
            Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Mylenium is right. We need version number of the CC you're running, what you've got in your comps, and lots more information.

And, if you were working for days on it but don't have any incremental saves or auto-saves (or, ideally, both), why not? That is, like, rule 1 of computer work! I don't even work in a word processing program for longer than five minutes without hitting ctrl+s.

• 3. Re: Blank pop up on after effects CC
              rossish

This has been happening to me as well. Usually during RAM preview. I'm on Ae CC2014. My current video is a demo reel, so the content is a bunch of mp4's with some text layers and a sound track.

The problem is that a blank window pops up, labelled After Effects, but with no visible content. When I try to close After Effects, an error message says, "the program is waiting for a response from you."

It's not the end of the world when it happens, but it certainly is annoying.