• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording a Full Screen Video Demo as a Recording Slide

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2014 Aug 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually create blank projects that have a various kinds of slides--simulations, demos, content slides, etc.  When choosing to record a video demo inside of these presentations, I seemed forced to snap my application window into the tiny red box.  If I were recording a whole new video demo as a project, I have many more options like full screen.

Is there a way to record a full screen video demo as a recording slide to be inserted into my blank project?  I know I could just record a bunch of individual video demo projects as insert them as "media" into my blank project, but this inconvenient and time consuming.  It also creates confusion since the project itself and the video demo both have control bars.

Trying to record a video demo inside Photoshop, for example, is really difficult inside that tiny little window.  Also, I prefer not to pan, as I find it jarring and unhelpful for my students.

Any thoughts?

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 27, 2014 Aug 27, 2014

Hi there

First off, you should note that with whatever project type you create (Demo, Assessment Simulation, Video Demo, Etc.) once you configure that initial size, that's what you are locked into. So if perhaps your computer has a resolution of 1366x768 and you create a project at 800x600, there is no way to really present a slide at a size larger than 800x600, as that is your project resolution. Certainly you are able to record a Video Demo to create a CPVC file, then inside a .CPTX file, you a

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

First off, you should note that with whatever project type you create (Demo, Assessment Simulation, Video Demo, Etc.) once you configure that initial size, that's what you are locked into. So if perhaps your computer has a resolution of 1366x768 and you create a project at 800x600, there is no way to really present a slide at a size larger than 800x600, as that is your project resolution. Certainly you are able to record a Video Demo to create a CPVC file, then inside a .CPTX file, you are able to click Insert > CPVC Slide (at least in version 7, this is how it's done. May be different if you are using 8).

You are able, however, to add some zooming and panning to the video demo. I know you are avoiding panning, but you may be thinking of panning in the "stop motion" type of recording and not panning as you are able to achieve using Video Demo.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rick,

Thanks so much for your prompt and very accurate answer.  I definitely had a "Oh Duh!" moment when I read your post.  I hadn't realized that the red box was only as big as the dimensions I had set initially with the blank project.  Those dimensions are much smaller than my current screen resolution.

Perfect!  Thanks again,

Justin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources