2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 29, 2006 2:11 PM by Newsgroup_User

Loading Images into movie clips

96potter
      Is there a way to use the file browser for a user to select an image to be loaded into a movie clip rather than specific images pre-defined in actionscript?
        • 1. Re: Loading Images into movie clips
          R.C.Burrell
          To the best of my knowledge there isn't a way to tap into Windows/Mac system file browser, which I assume is what you mean. You can, however, create your own type of "file browser" in side Flash using XML or a database to populate a list of images that the user could then select. My programming skills are somewhat limited so I can't give you exact methods, but you may do some research into data grids/thumbnailers that are created inside Flash.
          • 2. Re: Loading Images into movie clips
            Level 7
            Yes you can use AS to change the text and the color of the text. But you
            cannot generate a specific Movie for the user. Rather you store the user's
            preferences on the server (or less stateful as a SharedObject) so when they
            use the common movie their values are substituted.

--
            Lon Hosford
            www.lonhosford.com
            Flash, Actionscript and Flash Media Server examples:
            http://flashexamples.hosfordusa.com
            May many happy bits flow your way!
            "R.C.Burrell" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:eht3ug$2hh$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            > To the best of my knowledge there isn't a way to tap into Windows/Mac
            > system
            > file browser, which I assume is what you mean. You can, however, create
            > your
            > own type of "file browser" in side Flash using XML or a database to
            > populate a
            > list of images that the user could then select. My programming skills are
            > somewhat limited so I can't give you exact methods, but you may do some
            > research into data grids/thumbnailers that are created inside Flash.
            >