5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2014 11:06 AM by A.T. Romano

CAHeadless has encountered an error.

royb12

[/Adobe/premiere/elements/Release/12/ALL_LANG_12.1/MediaCore/Backend/Make/Mac/../../Src/Se quence/Sequence.cpp-2233]

this is the problem I have

• 1. Re: CAHeadless has encountered an error.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

royb12

Can we assume that you are running Premiere Elements 12/12.1 on a Mac computer?

Specifically what are you doing in the program when you get the message

CAHeadless has encountered an error

[/Adobe/premiere/elements/Release/12/ALL_LANG_12.1/MediaCore/Backend/Make/Mac/../../Src/Se quence/Sequence.cpp-2233

At this point have you downloaded and installed any of the Content Download for Instant Movie, Movie Menu, Graphics, Titles and Text? Or, you anywhere near that type of activity when the error presents?

At a first pass at this error, please try deleting the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file

Users/Libraries/Application Support/Adobe/Premiere Elements/12.0

and in the 12.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete.

We will be watching for your follow up.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: CAHeadless has encountered an error.
            royb12 Level 1

Dear ATR,

the version I have is 12.1.

This error message comes after the start up of the iMac, even without opening adobe premiere. Only once. When I clicl on continue them disappear.

Please let me know if I have still to delete the file you have mentioned.

Thanks

Roy

• 3. Re: CAHeadless has encountered an error.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Roy,

The timing on the message appearing puts a new complexion on the matter of the

CAHeadless has encountered an error

[/Adobe/premiere/elements/Release/12/ALL_LANG_12.1/MediaCore/Backend/Make/Mac/../../Src/Se quence/Sequence.cpp-2233

1. Did you install Premiere Elements 12 Mac to the default location as per the installation?

2. Was this an installation from installation files or from installation disc?

I am thinking now in terms of uninstall, ccleaner run through to get rid of any leftovers from incomplete installs and/or reinstalls.

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download?mac

and then a reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

But, before you do that, try the deletion of the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file first.

We will be watching for your results and then we can decide what next based on your results.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: CAHeadless has encountered an error.
                Steppenwolf46

I have the same behavior on my Windows 8.1 machine.....Also installed Adobe Premiere Elements and getting that kind of error after each restart....Can Adobe please support fixing that issue?

• 5. Re: CAHeadless has encountered an error.
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Steppenwolf46

This is not Adobe. Rather user to user. The frequency of appearance of Adobe Staff and PRE_help is not defined and infrequent except around the period

of a new version release, and then that help is directed to the new version. And Adobe Chat is typically available only for latest version/purchased/registered.

royb12's: Premiere Elements 12/12.1 on Mac...what is your setup, Premiere Elements 12/12.1 on Windows 8.1 64 bit?

Have you gone through the suggestions that I posted for royb12 back in August 2014? Unfortunately we have not gotten any follow up from royb12 or anyone else - now at the end of October 2014.

Probably best to go through deletion of the Premiere Elements Editor and Elements Organizer settings files.

Then, if necessary, ininstall, free ccleaner run through, reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled. I am also thinking about creating

a new catalog for the Elements Organizer. But, let us confirm your details and then proceed.

Thanks.

ATR