1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 28, 2014 7:27 AM by m_vargas

Problem with password required to install latest version of Flash Player

bess of hardwick hall

I have a MacBook Pro OS version 10.6.3.  I have previously successfully updated Adobe Flash Player. I have an Adobe password which I had recently forgotten and therefore have been unable to update my Adobe Flash player. In order to change it I have just changed my Apple Administrator password and my Adobe password which worked fine.  This time the installation program lets me get as far as installation and then asks for this password but the hints which appear are for the old forgotten password and neither my new Apple or Adobe password works.  Please can someone suggest how I get round this old password or how I can install the new program?

• 1. Re: Problem with password required to install latest version of Flash Player
          m_vargas Adobe Employee

hello,

The password being requested is the Apple Administrator password, not the Adobe password used to log into these forums.  The password hint is normally updated by you, the user, when the password is created/updated.  If this still refers to the previous password, it wasn't updated when the new password was created. As for recovering a lost/unknown Apple password, that is beyond the scope of these forums.  I would recommend going to the Apple forums for assistance with recovering your password.

--

Maria