3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2014 2:06 PM by gener7

Importing Photos into Photoshop Question

kcole

Has anyone else noticed that when you drag and drop a photo into Photoshop CC vs right clicking and importing the photo, there is a size difference.

How is that possible? Is there a way to fix this? Or am I just crazy?

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Importing Photos into Photoshop Question
          gener7 Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Right click on what? If I right-click on a jpeg in a folder or on my Desktop, I get an Open or Open with... choice, but not Import.

Where are you seeing an Import command?

Otherwise, whether I drag and drop or open by right clicking, there is not difference.

• 2. Re: Importing Photos into Photoshop Question
            kcole Level 1

I'm just talking about in general...

You download a photo, it drops at the bottom of your browser..you right click it and open it in preview and then right click that and tell it to import into Photoshop.. now you take that same photo and just drag it into Photoshop from the folder or wherever you downloaded it, the size of the image is different.

• 3. Re: Importing Photos into Photoshop Question
              gener7 Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I'll need some more information.  Mac or PC? Operating system version, the browser/version you are using. Preview sounds very much like a Mac application.

So when I think I have enough, I'll try and duplicate this.

In fact if you will post a screenshot of this Preview and show the Import command, I'll have a clear picture.