0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2006 2:52 AM by smsmile

Guidelines for Migrating from Win NT server to  Windows 2003 server

smsmile
      Hi,

I need to know whether there are any guidelines to consider while migrating a Contribute configured web site from Win NT server to Windows 2003 server. Or, whether any one can suggest some points to note while doing this.

The problem I am facing is that I am not able to give permissions to the users on folders and files (through Windows Explorer) successfully. When a user tries to publish an existing page in Contribute, it says permissions are not there to do so. Whereas, I have given the folder level permissions as "allow full control" to the user to all the necessary parent folders as far as my knowledge goes. At the same time, there is no problem in publishing a NEW page. Only modifying an existing page is not working.

I have just copied the site files from the old server to the new server through Windows Explorer and NOT with Dreamweaver. So, I guess that it is because of the old, already-existing permissions that is giving me problems. Am I right? And what could be the solution for this problem?

Please help.

Thanks in advance.