• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A couple questions on RH Server 9 requirements...

Participant ,
Aug 27, 2014 Aug 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experts-

• Can anyone confirm that RH Server does NOT require, or make use of, Active Directory. (The spec sheet doesn't indicate one way or another.)
  • Does anyone know if is possible to use MySQL for the RH database. (The spec sheet list it, but perhaps it works anyway.)

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Aug 27, 2014 Aug 27, 2014

You can make use of Active Directory. As I understand it, Active Directory is a directory services database, and LDAP is one of the protocols you can use to talk to it.

Configuring LDAP support for adding users includes Active Directory. This Adobe Blog post is an excellent overview of how it's configured:

http://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/2011/02/enhanced-config-mgr.html

At the present time, MySQL is not a supported database for RoboHelp. Only the ones listed in this knowledge base article:

Recommended OS/database combinations | RoboHelp Server 9

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can make use of Active Directory. As I understand it, Active Directory is a directory services database, and LDAP is one of the protocols you can use to talk to it.

Configuring LDAP support for adding users includes Active Directory. This Adobe Blog post is an excellent overview of how it's configured:

http://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/2011/02/enhanced-config-mgr.html

At the present time, MySQL is not a supported database for RoboHelp. Only the ones listed in this knowledge base article:

Recommended OS/database combinations | RoboHelp Server 9

Thanks

John Daigle

Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor

Evergreen, Colorado

www.showmethedemo.com

John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks John.

I'm assuming use of Active Directory is optional. My IT guy hopes that is not required, otherwise we'd have to buy client access licenses from MS.

To bad about MySQL not being supported. Means more $s.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp