• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TCS 5 Installation Problems-"Insufficient Disk Space"

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2014 Aug 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been subscribing to TCS 5 since May.  Recently, I upgraded to a newer MacBook Pro, and I've installed a copy of Windows 7 and I'm running it using VMWare Fusion 6.  Today, I finally downloaded the TCS 5 files from my profile.

I ran into a problem when it came time to install the suite.  I tried continue the installer beyond the "pick a destination folder" step, but when I clicked the "Next" button, a pop-up appeared and said "Insufficient Disk Space," and it suggested increasing the disk size and trying again.  I increased the disk space of my virtual machine from around 60 GB to 128 GB.  I tried the installation again and no luck.

Has anyone found a solution?  Do I need to increase my virtual machine's disk space further?  I can't seem to find anything that would allow for a workaround to this problem.  Any advice will be a big help to me, as I really want to start using these programs.

TOPICS
Technical Communication Suite

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2014 Aug 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give TCS support a buzz – install issues are usually a freebie call.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2014 Sep 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I called tech support just now and he suggested that I try installing on my physical hard drive, rather than a virtual one.

However, while running Boot Camp could work, I don't want to reboot my MacBook constantly to change between operating systems.  Also, now that I've used my Windows 7 product code once, I don't think I can reuse it.  I'd have to spend more money to obtain another copy of Windows 7.

Could I download the files to another PC, install them there, and then put everything on a flash drive to take back to my virtual desktop and run the programs successfully?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2014 Sep 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don’t speak Mac very well, but I think most people are running it using Parallels? Or something like that – do a search for Mac in the FM or RH forums; that will give you some idea of what people are running

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines