• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linking to a URL

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2007 Apr 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to display a YouTube video on a slide, but I cannot figure out how to enter the URL and the embed command in order to do this. Also, how do I link to a Web site or URL other than after someone makes a last attempt to click the right click box?
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2007 Apr 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi MMDeaton

Are you using Captivate 2?

I don't believe you will be able to do this if the YouTube video isn't in .FLV format. The only video format that I've seen "embedded" inside Captivate in the manner you are describing is the .FLV format. So I suppose you would first need to convert the YouTube video to .FLV.

Assuming it already exists on YouTube in .FLV format and you are using Captivate 2, the process should be pretty straightforward. You click Insert > Flash Video... and point at the URL for the video.

You link to Web Sites and URLs using either Button or Click Box objects. I'm not sure what you meant to imply with your statement, as normally you would either position the invisible Click Box object over a logical area to be clicked or the Button does indeed look like a button they click. Your statement sounds as if users are fumbling around without the faintest clue as to what to click. If that's the case, they need more visual cues.

Sincerely... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources