Moving this discussion to the InDesign forum.
Just to clarify -- are you talking about:
(1) books (several InDesign documents joined into a "book" file for one project)
(2) written instructional printed "books"
What kind of answer do you need? Your question ist not to understand. What information do you want to get?
I think, this question is a very good one.
If I have a *.indb document created in CS6, populated with InDesign documents from CS6, what to do, if I want to migrate my workflow to the latest version of InDesign CC-2014?
Short answer (avoiding trouble and headaches):
1. Convert all your InDesign documents from CS6 to CC-2014 (*)
2. Use NEW document file names for all your CC-2014 InDesign file types: *indd, *indt, *indl
3. Build your *indb documents for CC-2014 anew.
4. Use NEW document file names for CC-2014 InDesign file type: *indb
But isn't that a tedious task to do?
Yes. But fortunately there are some scripts around helping you with the conversion process.
See Peter Kahrel's website. Especially:
Free script Batch convert/export InDesign documents | Peter Kahrel
There are others as well…
*Before migration of the workflow batch export all InDesign CS6 documents to IDML and PDF.
I apologize for the confusing question. My goal is to find out whether Indesign text books or instructional books for Indesign cs6 will work for Indesign creative cloud version. My distict that I currently teach in upgraded to the creative cloud version and I currently was in the process of ordering textbooks for CS6, but may have to change the order.