4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2014 8:07 AM by A.T. Romano

Merging two projects with Premiere elements 12.

Stephan-Katka

Hello,

On my computer (windows 7) i have different directories with movie-fragments. From each directory i made a movieproject. It took a long time to trim everything. Now i have one project from 1,5 hours and another from 20 minutes. I would like to put the two projects together and then cut it into two projects. I was suprised that i could not do that. I could not copy the movie with titles in one project and copy it to the other project. Also i could not find any way to import one movie into the other. Very strange. I would think that this is a basic function the program should have.

I found out that i can work of course with the Project Asset and import the moviefragments again, but then i have to trim everything again.

I could also export one movie as for example AVI and then insert it with the Project Asset into the other project. But then i have no possibility to change the titles and transitions.

Does anyone know a way to merge two projects?????

Many thanks, Stephan

• 1. Re: Merging two projects with Premiere elements 12.
          Stephan-Katka Level 1

Hello,

I saw an entry of ATR in which he already explanes something. For me it is very strange that this function is not available. I used it a lot when i worked with the program i used before Premiere Elements.

How do you merge two projects into one Premeiere elements 12?

Greetings, Stephan

• 2. Re: Merging two projects with Premiere elements 12.
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Stephan

You wrote

I used it a lot when i worked with the program i used before Premiere Elements.

Important: What version of Premiere Elements are you referring to in the above? Or, are you referring to another program that is not Premiere Elements?

No version of Premiere Elements allows the user to open one project file (project.prel file) in another.

You can copy/paste insert between two project files (project.prel) using ClipMate in conjunction with Premiere Elements. You cannot do a copy/paste insert between projects without ClipMate in use with Premiere Elements. The How To for this Windows Only feature is found

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/05/pe-clipmate-copypaste-between-pe.html

The alternative is to export your project 1 Timeline "trim" selectively to a file saved to the computer hard drive and then import that export into project 2.

In this workflow considerations need to include project 1 export format consistent with project 2 import settings.

So, we need details to explain the why not for

Also i could not find any way to import one movie into the other. Very strange. I would think that this is a basic function the program should have.

and

I was suprised that i could not do that. I could not copy the movie with titles in one project and copy it to the other project.

In the first part, what were your export settings from project 1 and your project preset for project 2.

In the second part, did you use ClipMate with Premiere Elements or something else?

What you want to do sounds very doable so we need to discover the whys to get to the solution.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Merging two projects with Premiere elements 12.
              Stephan-Katka Level 1

Hello ATR,

PE12 is the first version from Adobe that i use and i am very positive about is. Before i used Pinnacle Studio 17 For many years. But i was tired of the never ending problems the program gives. In PS17 it is normal to copy parts on the timeline and then copy it into an other project.

I already found an older answer from you where you advised to use Clipmate. I succeeded.

I will open an other issue about a exported trimmed project from Pinnacle which i opened in Adobe PE12. It was not possible there to use the Cross dissolve transition.

Many thanks,

Stephan

• 4. Re: Merging two projects with Premiere elements 12.
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Stephan

Thanks for the reply.

ClipMate in conjunction with Premiere Elements for your copy/paste insert between Premiere Elements projects

is a good way, but that last paste insert step needs practice which you mastered. So, great job.

Also, when Premiere Elements is involved, the transitions from project 1 do not travel to project 2 in the paste insert there.

As noted in the blog post, in some versions of Premiere Elements earlier than 12, the transitions are not lost in the copy/paste

insert between projects.

Your progress sounds very good.

Best wishes

ATR