10 Replies Latest reply: Sep 2, 2014 6:16 PM by A.T. Romano RSS

R 6025 pure virtual Function Call

Herivelson Community Member

Hello, I'm having trouble with my Premiere elemnts 12, to start the message - R 6025 pure virtual Function Call - Exception Unknown Software Exception (0x400000015) in 0x78b2d6fd. My system is XP pac 3. I tried to find the solution but I found .Agradeço who can guide me, thanks.

• 2. Re: R 6025 pure virtual Function Call
          A.T. Romano Community Member

herivelson

The R6025 errors are seen in numerous reports online for a variety of programs. Typically they seem to be classed as Run Time Errors.

What are you doing in the program when you get this error message....importing, editing, or exporting or just opening the program from the desktop icon or Welcome Screen?

Let us try the following as a first try to resolve your issue

1. Delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs files, and, if that does not work, then the whole 12.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs File exists. In your Premiere Elements 12 on Windows XP Professional SP3 32 bit, you would expect the file and folder to be found in the route

Local Disc C

Documents and Settings

Owner

Application Data

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 12.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then you delete the whole 12.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists.

What is Agradeço? Is that Portuguese for "thank you for the information"? I was not sure.

We will be watching for your details.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: R 6025 pure virtual Function Call

Thank A. T. Romano for the answer, did the procedure that directed me but still with error. The error is when I start Premiere.Check appearing two folders: 1 "Premiere Elements" and another 2 "Premiere elemnts 12.0" being the two that has the 12.0 folder, but only the first has the "Premiere Elements Prefs File" .Deleted either one or the other and still did not work. Sorry if the text is confusing because I'm using the translator and I Agradeço it the same as thank you (rs).

• 4. Re: R 6025 pure virtual Function Call

Herivelson

Thank you for considering the troubleshooting suggestion for what appears to be a Run Time Error.

But, I would ask "What antivirus program are you using now that Microsoft has discontinued Windows XP?"

What are the computer resources for your Windows XP Professional SP3 32 bit computer, that is, installed and available RAM, free hard drive space, type of processor?

Do you have a purchased serial number for Premiere Elements 12 as well as installation files or installation disc for the program?

If so, please consider uninstalling the program using the usual Control Panel way.

Doing a free ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts)

CCleaner - Download

And, then a reinstall with antivirus and firewalls (disabled).

Please remember to install the 12.1 Update  (Help Menu/Update) after the 12 install.

Also, please make sure that you have installed the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer.

If all else fails, let us try creating a new User Account with Administrative Privileges and installing and running Premiere Elements 12/12.1 from this new account.

We will be watching for further developments.

ATR

• 5. Re: R 6025 pure virtual Function Call

I bought the license in January / 2014 package with Adobe Premiere / Photoshop Elements, and sent me for download. Was functioning normally and is only now that had this error. My XP SP3 32-bit Pentium Dual Core E 6500 2.93 GHz, 2 GB RAM and 300 GB of free space. The original anti virus is Kaspersky Internet Security and have the latest version of Quick Time. I have made many times the procedure to uninstall - CCleanner - reinstall. I do not understand "let us try creating a new User Account with Administrative Privileges and installing and running Premiere Elements 12 / 12.1 from this new account." Thank you.

• 6. Re: R 6025 pure virtual Function Call

Hervelson

Thank you for the reply.

I think that we may have our answer or a very important factor to include with the answer.

That 2 GB of installed RAM is not enough to run Premiere Elements 12 and on a Windows XP 32 bit computer. You are in a bad situation.

With your computer environment, Premiere Elements 12 is a 32 bit application running in that 32 bit computer. The maximum supported installed RAM for 32 bit system is 4 GB of which typically 3.2 to 3.0 or less are available. But your computer does not even 4 GB, only 2  to start with. I am guessing that you are trying to run Premiere Elements 12 with less than 1 GB of available RAM. Please look into that matter. Can you add RAM to get your computer to its maximum supported 4 GB?

One troubleshooting approach is to consider a corrupt User Account when all other troubleshooting avenues fail. But, in view of your installed RAM situation, I think that the RAM situation needs attention before all else.

If we get to new User Account, then you go into Windows XP and create a new account and open it to install and run Premiere Elements 12. More details on that later.

We will be watching for your comments on the computer RAM.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On....2 GB installed RAM, will likely allow you to install the program, but to run it is another story.

Also, are you planning on running SD or HD projects?

• 7. Re: R 6025 pure virtual Function Call

Hello A.T. Romano i am providing the changes and increasing the memory on my pc. Give news as soon as you have the result. Thank you.

• 8. Re: R 6025 pure virtual Function Call

Herivelson

Thanks for the reply.

Looking forward to your results. Increasing the installed RAM to the maximum supported installed RAM 4.0 GB should be a big help.

Hoping that will be the solution to most, if not all, of the problems you had.

ATR

• 9. Re: R 6025 pure virtual Function Call

You were right, I migrated to windows 7 and added 4 gb, now with a total of 6GB Ram memory, installed the 64bit version and was very good. I had conscience that my pc was limited, but because of some music editing software that only worked well on XP, and as said earlier Premiere lapped all this time on XP with 2 Gb ... was a brave .... ..rs, rs, to give the problem. I appreciate your patience and cooperation, all the best to you and a big hug, thank you.

• 10. Re: R 6025 pure virtual Function Call

Herivelson

We are very pleased that the problem is resolved and that you are now moving forward in your Premiere Elements projects.

Great job. And, I thank you for trying the troubleshooting suggestions.

Best wishes. Your follow up is much appreciated by all.

ATR