4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2014 8:05 PM by JJMack

Photoshop CS4 Extended, issues with resolution and font sizes on Mac

justinasia

I have Photoshop CS4 Extended, which worked fine on my old 15 inch Macbook Pro, I think it was 2011 and had high definition display.

I now have a new 15 inch 'late 2013' Macbook Pro with retina display (2880 x 1800), and OS 10.9.4

I have 2 problems:

1) Using photoshop now, the resolution is a lot worse than with my old computer, even though my screen is higher resolution.

For example, the images themselves are worse resolution on my display, far less crisp and more pixelated than any of my other programs. And even the windows such as 'save as...' screens are terribly pixelated also. Is there a way to fix this?

2) When using the type tool, I cannot find how to change the size of the font. There used to be numbers which I could change, and also select the font type, both on the top menu bar always visible. Now there is not anymore. What there is there at the top, is what looks to be a bar on top of another bar. The top layer bar is on the left and reaches about one third of the way across the top, and I can drag it by its corner so it can extend more, but not less. It looks like there are things behind it which I cannot see, because it is over the top of them. Perhaps the text size and font options are stuck behind that. What can I do?

Many thanks!

Justin