11 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2014 8:33 AM by JJMack

Why cannot PS/CC save re-scaled image?

Bruce Hinton

Why can't Photoshop CC, after scaling an image down, save it?

Error message claims it cannot find the file, even though it is on screen and just opened from it permanent folder.

NOTE:

It will save after other image processing, but so far repeatedly balks after re-scaling.

Bruce Hinton

• 1. Re: Why cannot PS/CC save re-scaled image?
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

I read what you wrote but there little detail there nothing to help find where your problem is. Balks points no where

Supply pertinent information for quicker answers

The more information you supply about your situation, the better equipped other community members will be to answer. Consider including the following in your question:

• Adobe product and version number
          • Operating system and version number
          • The full text of any error message(s)
          • What you were doing when the problem occurred
          • Screenshots of the problem
          • Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; amount of RAM; etc.
          • 2. Re: Why cannot PS/CC save re-scaled image?
            Bruce Hinton Level 1

Thanks for replying, even though I am not clear.

Don't know what more to say:

Open photo, edit photo; will save.

Open photo, scale image, won't save.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t31/Agencyman/Stupiderrormessage_zps111b6ade.png

Latest report is that it will save to external drive but not the actual current working folder.  Plenty of room, BTW.

I have seen this pattern before on another computer, any edit caused the same problem on that one.

Bruce

• 3. Re: Why cannot PS/CC save re-scaled image?
              Bruce Hinton Level 1

Asus Maximus IV mobo, with i7-2700K CPU, 16 Gb RAM, PS CC current version running in Win 7Pro x 64, latest SP and updates.

• 4. Re: Why cannot PS/CC save re-scaled image?

Bruce Hinton wrote:

Asus Maximus IV mobo, with i7-2700K CPU, 16 Gb RAM, PS CC current version running in Win 7Pro x 64, latest SP and updates.

Does little to resolve what balks is?  I would not think an I7  16GB windows 7 pro PSCC would have any problem yet you state yours balks whatever balks is I believe you just have no idea what a balk is.

Photoshop is also not a file editor there is no file on your screen what is on screen is your composite view of an open document.

There are two current versions of CC and CC 2014 versions 14 and 15 of PS...

Adobe Photoshop Version: 14.2.1 (14.2.1 20140207.r.570 2014/02/07:23:00:00) x64

Adobe Photoshop Version: 2014.1.0 20140730.r.148 2014/07/30:23:59:59  x64

• 5. Re: Why cannot PS/CC save re-scaled image?
                  Bruce Hinton Level 1

Sorry I used the term balk.  The save process refuses to complete with the error message I linked to above. That was the software balk, nothing was said about the computer having an issue.

Gee I always thought PS was a "photo editor".  My bad, semantics I leave to PS expurts...

Bruce

• 6. Re: Why cannot PS/CC save re-scaled image?

What error message you provided none you wrote there was one that claimed something. That is no error message you never even stated how you were trying to save the document. You give us little to go on.

• 7. Re: Why cannot PS/CC save re-scaled image?
                      Bruce Hinton Level 1

E-mail sent to computer owner to get on this thread, give us the version numbers.

I only built the computer for him, he sent me the error message, I'm just hoping to get him some path to solve this 'saving' problem.

He, as a professional photographer finds it disconcerting that the error message says it cannot find what could often be an irreplaceable image from distant places on the planet.

B.

• 8. Re: Why cannot PS/CC save re-scaled image?

I feel for him it sound like from you append he can open the original so he has not lost the image. Which is good. However without knowing what he did  to re-sized image document, what type of image files he tried to save, how they tried to save,  what error message they were given. We are in the dark.....