4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2014 12:58 PM by A.T. Romano

PSE 11 character map

thorgypsy

Does PSE 11 have a built in character map, and if it does, where can it be found.  Also, when you apply text to a photo and then click graphics, then text, is there a way for a person to insert more and different textures that you can click onto to change the design of your text??

• 1. Re: PSE 11 character map
          Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

This is the Premiere Elements forum, not Photoshop Elements, but:

You can copy and paste from Window's Character Map.

• 2. Re: PSE 11 character map
            thorgypsy Level 1

Dear Sir

I did not send an email attachment.  I simply posted an email and nothing else except 2 questions which I thought I’d get a fairly quick response to you folks.    You know us, the one’s who are your customers who buy your software?   Oh, that’s right, US CONSUMERS.

• 3. Re: PSE 11 character map
              Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

First of all, we are not Adobe.  This is a user-to-user forum.  I am an Adobe consumer, just like you, just trying to offer free help.

thorgypsy wrote:

Dear Sir

I did not send an email attachment.  I simply posted an email and nothing else except 2 questions which I thought I’d get a fairly quick response to you folks.    You know us, the one’s who are your customers who buy your software?   Oh, that’s right, US CONSUMERS.

Secondly, what do you mean by, "  I did not send an email attachment.  I simply posted an email and nothing else except 2 questions..."?

• 4. Re: PSE 11 character map
                A.T. Romano Level 7

thorgypsy

Let us get to your Photoshop Elements 11 questions.

Until you get to the Photoshop Elements Forum experts, please consider the following for what I am assuming is Photoshop Elements 11 on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

My take on the situation is that Photoshop Elements 11 does not come with a built in Character Map. For the entry of certain symbols you can use Alt key with a numeric keyboard code...for example for ©, Alt + 0169.

However, perhaps a better answer....What computer operating system is your Photoshop Elements 11 running on? Assuming that it is Windows 7 64 bit, then use the Windows 7 Character Map to copy a character and paste it into your Photoshop Elements 11 document. Have you been there and done that? See link for more details, other operating systems.

http://www.7tutorials.com/use-special-characters-windows-7-character-map

Side Note: If your program is Photoshop Elements 11 (photo editor) and not Premiere Elements (video editor), you have posted in the wrong forum.

In this case, please re-post your question in the Adobe Photoshop Elements Forum or wait for a moderator to see your thread here and move it from here to there. In either case, you are dealing with user to user, not Adobe.

ATR