3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 4, 2014 1:53 PM by realmasters

Lightroom Mobile - editing metadata?

realmasters Level 1

I can't see why there isn't much greater emphasis on photo metadata review / editing / creation in Lightroom Mobile for iPad - currently there is none!

This is a crucial early stage of the photographer's workflow, replicating some of Lightroom's Library function, and is easily done 'in the field'.  This is a much better use of the iPad's relatively limited power than trying to extend the image manipulation.

Photosmith currently does this really well but my workflow needs to be as smooth as possible and that means using one app - I'm guessing that Adobe should be able to build this into LR Mobile quite easily.

Can someone from Adobe let us know if this is planned for a release soon?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Lightroom Mobile - editing metadata?
          dj_paige Level 9

Can someone from Adobe let us know if this is planned for a release soon?

Since we are not Adobe here in this forum (we are just Lightroom users), we can't help you. Furthermore, Adobe themselves almost never pre-announces feature enhancements, you'll just have to be patient and you will learn at the exact same time everyone else learns of new features.

Or you can sumbit a feature request, the link for this is on the first page of this forum.

• 2. Re: Lightroom Mobile - editing metadata?
            Pete.Green Adobe Employee

Hey Richard,

Like DJ-Paige says, we can't speak on future release features, but what I'd suggest for this feature that isn't there now, to post a feature request "idea" post over on feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family.

If you post on that site, others can vote up your post which helps us gauge the need for this type of feature. If others want this as much as you, pass your link on to them for voting it up.

Thanks for your feedback on LRMobile, and your workflow needs.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Pete

• 3. Re: Lightroom Mobile - editing metadata?
              realmasters Level 1

Thanks Pete - I appreciate the pointer.

I've added my vote to two very similar feature requests - I hope Adobe take the two requests together to get an accurate view of the strength of feeling.

Best regards,

Richard