5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2007 2:28 PM by jclegs

looping songs

midnight_cg
      Hi, does anyone know how to loop a song so that it plays over and over again between two markers but whenever you exit the last frame within the markers it stops? As this is for coursework I am not allowed to use the loop behaviour from the behaviour liberary.

P.S. I already have the song within a sound channel, help would be much appreciated
      Thanks,
      Midnight
        • 1. Re: looping songs
          Chunick Level 3
          if it's for course work then maybe you need to do some more work on your own and get it working or get some hints from the instructor... there's also a great resource at www.director-online.com and thru google groups at macromedia.director.lingo
          • 2. Re: looping songs
            midnight_cg Level 1
            As there can be up to 150 people in one lecture hall the instructor wouldn't be able to answer every student's emails (coursework completed over Easter) about specific aspects of director and has therefore provided us with the web addresses of some director forums as resources to enable us to complete the coursework. Hence, me using my initiative by asking the song looping question. Thanks for the link man,
            Midnight
            • 3. Re: looping songs
              Level 7
              Since it's for homework, I won't give you the answer unless you have
              more trouble with it. Here are some hints, though.

1. Use puppetSound instead of placing the sound in a channel.
              2. Check for soundBusy in an exitFrame handler.

This one is so easy you should be able to get it from that. If not,
              though, post back and we'll make sure this doesn't keep you from getting
              your assignment done on time.
              • 4. Re: looping songs
                Level 7
                Hey Midnight,

Did you get it figured out?
                • 5. Re: looping songs
                  jclegs
                  Hi
                  Have been trying to do this too. Do I check if soundbusy in the frame script?

Thanks
                  Sorry for hi-jacking the thread